Storyteller

"RWBY made it to dinner and tell them about Elijah's Sierra Madre. JNPR feel weird about the hull thing. After dinner JNPR has to go to bed early because of some sleep less nights.

Yang push play, but they see something new.

FALLOUT Lore: Ch.18 – The Storyteller

*Fallout lore opening*

You've experienced the FALLOUT series in your own way, but want to learn more about its story. Well-to get to the heart of the story-you have to go back to the beginning...

"What's this?" Ruby said. Just as she said that a note landed in front of them.

"Hi, FEV Grim here. I felt really bad for never putting the opening in. But do to it being the season finale, I thought why not now." The note said.

"Whose FEV Grim?" Weiss ask.

The Great War happened over two hundred years ago, and the people who remember the days before the bombs fell are fewer in number each year. Ghouls, brains in jars, alien abductees, and a handful of pre-war tycoons who had life support systems ready to go when the worst hit. Among the people who were alive in the 'Back When' times is a man who some call a ghoul, others say he's one of the very first mutants. To those of us who've known him a while, he's just Harold.

"Yes, the tree guy!" Yang cheered

Harold was a child when the war began back in 2077. He wasn't exactly a historian at that age, doesn't remember the global war over the dwindling supply of oil and uranium, the desperate fight in Anchorage Alaska where America and China fought like alley cats over the last drops of fuel in the world.

Everyone look at Blake, Blake turn her head to no one. "Really guys, really? You guys that I did that, because I'm part cat." Everyone looked back at the tv embarrassed.

He survived the war inside one of vaults, and was twice the lucky duck for getting into one of the good ones. The Vaults were part of an experimentation scheme. While some were really supposed to protect the dwellers within, many more were designed to go horribly awry so that the government could study how humanity adapted to outlandish situations, like a thousand kids with no grown-ups, or an army of defective clones running amok. One Vault even had an entire society based around ritual human sacrifice.

"We all know this around ready." Weiss said.

*Vault 29 suit dweller, wondering the wasteland*

Harold emerged from his vault in 2090 into a wasteland where the first generation of survivors were forging their new civilization. Small communities had sprung up, and Harold and some of the other Vault Dwellers eked out a living as merchants and prospectors. But he was unlike the others. He prospered and became a respectable merchant with his own caravan. His life changed when around 2102 he and Richard Grey mounted an expedition to find the source of the mutants harassing their caravans.

"Okay, now we get to see how he got that mutants." Blake said.

They tracked them to the old military base in Mariposa, California. A secret place from before the war, surrounded by some of the most horribly mutated critters the wasteland held at the time. Most of Harold's companions were killed before they got inside the place, but Harold and his friend Richard survived... in a sense.

"Wait, whose Richard?" Blake asked.

Comparing Harold's stories with records the Brotherhood recovered from that base, it's not hard to guess at what must have happened to Harold and Richard. They'd been exposed to an extreme dose of the Forced Evolutionary Virus, and each of them had developed a unique set of mutations.