Chapter 10

~ Chapter Ten ~

Alex stretched and came alert at the sound of the alarm clock, reaching behind him, he hit the snooze, he had woke Chels many times throughout the night including about an hour ago turning back toward Chels he wrapped his arm around her middle, burying his nose in her hair, he wasn’t ready to get up, and from the way Chels was snuggling deeper into his embrace she felt the same way. Alex was almost back to sleep when he heard a knock on the bedroom door, cursing he sat up and grabbed his jeans off the floor and started toward the door, expecting Derek on the side, but instead got James, taken aback it took him a minute before he said, "What?" James quirked a brow at his undressed state but said, "Have you or Chelsea seen Derek this morning… or in your case heard him?" Alex was confused, what did he mean had they seen or heard Derek this morning, wasn’t he in his room, as if James expected his next question he said, "No, he's gone." Before Alex could answer Chels yelled, "What do you mean he's gone?" Alex turned around to see Chels he hadn't even known she was awake, and he couldn’t help but notice James was looking at her too. Turning back around to James to get his attention from Chels he said, "Well?"  It took James a minute before he said, "I just got up and I went to see if he wanted to go to breakfast, but he wasn’t in his room."  Alex didn’t know what to say but before he could say anything he heard Chels getting up from the bed and spun around to see her getting into her robe, she  wasn’t happy he could tell that much but she was silent, ignoring him and James she went to her closet and closed the door behind her, a few minutes later she came out in a skin tight t-shirt that showed she wore no bra, and jeans that looked painted on, Alex was having a hard time thinking of Derek while looking at her dressed in that, shutting the door in James's face he went to Chels who had just sat on the bed to slip on a pair of wedge sandals. She had a very morose look about her, not knowing what to do about it he touched her arm and said, "Chels?" she looked up at him then and he saw the anger in her eyes that she was trying to hide. Wrapping his arms around her, he tried to sooth her, but she said, "I know where he is. I can’t believe he did this." Alex knew it was none of his business, but if she was willing to talk about it he would make it his business. "What did he do? Where did he go?" as he looked into Chels's green eyes he saw her anger flair right before she said, "Trisha's. He promised me he wouldn’t go back there." Alex was confused, he knew who Trisha was, but Derek and she had broken up back when Derek went to college. Hell last he heard from Brandon she married some guy he worked with, shaking his head he said, "Isn't she married?" Chels sighed and said, "Yes, that is why he isn't supposed to be over there." Alex finally got it, Derek was sleeping with Trisha, behind her husband’s back, and Chels didn’t like it that was understandable. Chels got up and went into the bathroom closing the door behind her, he knew she was upset he just didn’t know what to do about it; he heard James knock at the door again and went to answer it. Opening the door he said, "He's at Trisha's. Do you know where that is?" James nodded and said, "I'm going to head down there. You in?" Alex thought about it for a minute, he didn’t want to leave Chels but he wanted to give Derek a piece of his mind for upsetting her. Taking a deep breath Alex decided he wanted some questions answered and he would get them from Derek faster, nodding to James he said, "Give me a few minutes." James said, "Ok, I’ll be on the porch." Alex walked over to the bed and pulled on his shirt and boots, before walking over to the bathroom door and knocking, there was no answer so he said “Baby I'm going with James to get Derek. I'll be right back, ok?" there was still no answer and Alex started to worry he grabbed the door knob and twisted but it was locked, he should have known. Knocking again he said, "Chels?" this time he heard her say, "I'm fine Alex. He isn't going to come back, but ya'll can go."  Alex didn’t like the disappointment he heard in her voice but he knew it wasn’t directed at him it was directed at Derek. Shaking his head he headed for the front porch.