chapter 5

Gerard and frank walked off stage as gerard wiped a tear off his cheek, he hugged frank tight and frank smiled back. They helped clean up before they got in the car and drove home, gerard drove through the rain as frank rested his hand on gerard's knee.

Frank didnt know what it was but he felt like it was 2005 again he had regained the way he felt for gerard but brushed it off, it was like when they were in mcr all over again except it was just him and gerard. He felt as if he-

"We're home" gerard said pulling frank out of his thoughts.

Frank smiled as he unbuckled and got out of the car carrying his guitar in with him. Gerard unlocked the door and told frank he could set his guitar down anywhere, frank set it down so that it was out of the way and followed gerard to the office. They sat down in silence for about 5 minutes.

"Thank you frank" gerard said.

"For doing the show with me" he added.

"Anytime gee"

"I suppose we should go to bed now"

"I suppose so" frank responded, smiling at the bright red haired man.

The next morning frank woke up and wandered into the hall to find gerard already awake and putting his shoes on, gerard gestured for frank to put his on too and frank obeyed without hesitation or question. They walked down the road in silence until they arrived at the cemetery, frank followed gerard through row after row till he stopped at the correct one. Gerard pulled a usb out if his pocket as frank watched in confusion, he kneeled down and layed it on the ground against the stone. Frank noticed the word brother scribbled across it in sharpie, frank reached over and hugged gerard tightly as he returned to his standing position. He wiped a tear from gerard's cheek as one fell from his own eye, quickly wiping it away. Gerard smiled at frank and he returned the look, they hugged again before walking back home.

When they got back lindsey poked her head around the corner asking if she could speak to frank, he nodded and followed her into the office as gerard headed to the kitchen to see bandit.

"Whats up linds?" Frank asked as she closed the door behind him.

"Gerard seems to be getting better" she stated.

"Yeah"

"I could never thank you enough frank, you basically saved his life for the millionth time" she said.

"It wasn't all me linds, you and bandit helped a ton, I wouldn't be able to help him without you and bandit gave him motivation to keep going, I just helped him into the right path I guess"

"And I thank you for that" lindsey said as frank hugged her.

"So how was the show last night?" Lindsey asked.

"It was great I think gerard would think so too" frank responded.

"That's good" lindsey stated. 

"Yeah"

Lindsey stood up to walk out and frank followed. They walked into the kitchen to see gerard playing with bandit, lindsey smiled as she walked past them.

"Hey frank wanna come with me to take bandit to the park?" Gerard asked.

"Sure" frank responded, missing his own kids.

"Linds, you coming too?" He asked.

"Of course gee" she responded.

They all got their shoes on and made their way to the park. When they got there frank and gerard raced bandit to the swings and bandit won as lindsey giggled at her daughter and the two grown men acting like children, I mean you couldn't blame frank he is the height of a child. Gerard pushed bandit on the swing as lindsey pushed frank on the other swing, in a fit of laughter the whole time. Frank raced bandit down the double slides which ended in a tie and gerard raced her across the monkey bars and bandit won with the help of lindsey. Lindsey took a video of frank and gerard on the teeter-totter as bandit laughed histerically, and then they all built a shitty sand castle that frank named 'ha i'm taller than it' before bandit smashed it with her small feet ruining all of frank's hopes and dreams perfectly captured in the picture lindsey took of her crushing it.

They made their way back home as the sun started to set and when they got back gerard made popcorn with lindsey while frank and bandit picked out a movie after getting their pyjamas on.

"Okay children" gerard said gesturing towards bandit and frank "what movie have you picked?"

Bandit held up the ninja turtles movie as frank clapped like a child.

"Okay" he said putting it on.

They all sat on the couch and fell asleep halfway through.