chapter 10

Gerard walked down that same path for the hundreth time, it'd been a while since he had visited mikey.
He walked up to his brother's place in the cemetery and sat down cross legged.

"Hey mikes" gerard said weakly

"I miss you brother, very much"

"Remember the last time we hung out bandit was there and she drew on your face and then you drew on mine for payback when I took a picture"

"That was fun..."

Gerard stopped talking and sat in silence, talking to him was pointless, he couldn't hear him and he would never respond. Gerard then noticed kristin walking towards the cemetery, she soon noticed gerard and began to walk towards him. She sat dowwn beside him and said hello.

"Hey kristin" gerard said.

"How often do you come here?" She asked.

"I've memorized the way to his spot"

"I haven't come here since he was buried, I was in denial for a bit, this is the first time i've come here" kristin said.

"I couldn't believe it at first for awhile, coming here everday was surreal"

Just then gerard thought his brother is really gone, mikey's dead he felt pained and weak. He wondered how she felt, or if she felt the same he did.

"Hey kristin?"

"Yeah?" She said.

"What did you do when you first found out about mikey... dying?"

Kristin thought for a moment, unsure of how to respond.

"Because everyone is so focused on my reaction that they never really seem to think about how you or bandit, even lindsey and my mom, ray, and frank, what about pete the two of them were great friends"

"Well I-I was shocked and forgot about a lot of things and just sat around feeling empty inside it didn't register in me that he was really gone I wasn't sure what to make of my life anymore"

"Wow" gerard breathed out, giving her a hug.

"I isolated myself a lot even though I had people I could've talked to but I didn't, I never realized that mikey was your person to talk to and when he died you didn't have anyone to talk to but you coped way better than I did" gerard said in realization.

He pulled out a little slip of paper and pen he found in his pocket and wrote on it, they both stood up and he handed it to her.

"Here's my number if you ever need to talk" he said, kristin hugged gerard tightly.

"Thank you" she whispered. They walked away and went their seperate directions. Gerard had went through a revelation in that moment he felt as he could finally learn to keep going after mikey died. He finally had the motivation and purpose, he walked back home with a huge smile knowing he was going to be okay, knowing that mikey is his purpose to continue what mikey felt he couldn't; living.

Little did anyone know, like most things, it wouldn't last.