Chapter 13

~
Gerard pulled into the driveway, no one was home yet, he went inside and into the office, carrying the thing he bought with him. He set it down on the table, gerard pulled the envelope out of his pocket and set it down neatly on the messy desk. He began to laugh as he pulled the object out of the bag, he laughed harder before lifting it to his head and he laughed the hardest when he pulled the trigger and he stopped laughing when he hit the ground and blood began to pour out of his head.
~
Bandit sat waiting on a bench for her dad to pick her up; he was late. Her teacher sat with her sighing whenever a car went by and it wasn't him. Bandit was confused and naive. She didn't know. But she would soon when her mother ran in an hour late, crying. Lindsey dropped down on a knee and hugged bandit tightly, Bandit was more confused than ever, and now, concerned. There was only so much a five year old could think when her dad never showed up to pick her up from school and her mom came in crying, a five year old wouldn't think something horrible would happen, a five year old wouldn't think it was almost the same way her uncle died, a five year old wouldn't think her dad shot himself.

Apparentally a concerned neighbor had heard the noise and knocked on their door, when no one responded they called police to make sure everything was okay. The police walked in to see gerard dead on the floor with a gun resting on his hand. They had called lindsey and she had rushed home, she began to cry as they put him on the stretcher and covered him with a sheet. She remembered gerard was supposed to pick up bandit and left to go get her.

She couldn't bring bandit back to their house so they drove to kristin's house. Bandit went into the living room with kristin and lindsey went into a spare room to call frank. After 2 rings he picked up.

"Hey lindsey, what's up?" He asked in a concerned voice. Lindsey usually only called if something was wrong.

"He killed himself"

"Wh- oh"

Frank went silent, lindsey could hear him starting to cry. She just wanted to hug him and never let go, she knew how close frank and gerard were.

"I'm so sorry frank" she said before hanging up so frank couldn't protest.
There was nothing she could do, all she could do was be there for bandit.