chapter 6

Gerard ran down the street towards his brother's house hoping he wasn't too late. He heard sirens in the distance getting closer. He burst in through the door and started searching every room looking for him until he got to the final room. He reached over to open the d-

Gerard jumped up out of his sleep, sweating a little and looked around. He was on the couch with lindsey, frank, and bandit. He reached over for his phone careful to not wake them up and checked the time; it was 4:25 am. Gerard sighed and laid back down and drifted back to sleep.

He woke up hours later, the dream being the only thing on his mind. Everyone was just starting to wake up so he brushed it off as just a stupid dream. He got up and helped lindsey start breakfast, he cracked the eggs into the bowl and tossed away the shells. He added the rest of the ingredients before whisking it all together. Lindsey handed him a ladle and he started pouring scoopfuls onto the pan, frank grabbed a spatula and flipped them when they were ready. Once they were done they all sat down and ate in silence, after they ate frank went off to play with bandit, lindsey was cleaning off the table and insisted she didnt need help which left gerard alone with his thoughts.
He was still trying to think of what the dream could possibly mean when he was interrupted by frank running in with bandit on his heels, Lindsey turned her head at the two who came running in.

"Now frank what did I tell you? No running in the house, time out" she mock punished him pointing to the corner.

"Awh but-"

"No buts frank, corner now"

Frank mock pouted and stomped to the corner making gerard fall off the couch from laughing so hard. Gerard picked up bandit who was in a fit of giggles.

"Frankies in trouble" she said in a sing song voice.

"Thats right B frankie's in big trouble" gerard said.

"Bad frankie" bandit said making the 3 adults burst into laughter.

Later in the day frank had started packing his things as he had to leave the next day, gerard walked in and began to help him.

"So?"

"So?"

"I guess this is your last night here"

"Yeah" frank responded.

"I'm gonna miss you" gerard said hugging frank.

"Me too" frank whispered.

"Thank you" gerard said as they pulled apart from the hug.

"No problem gee and it wasn't all me, it was lindsey's idea for me to come here in the first place" frank stated.

"Really?"

"Yeah"

Frank picked up his bag and brought it to the front door where lindsey was waiting as gerard followed. Frank hugged everyone goodbye and went out to the taxi waiting in front of the house.

"Thank you" gerard said to lindsey.

"What?"

"For bringing frank here the first time" gerard said.

Lindsey hugged gerard as they closed the door.

Gerard frantically raced down the street, a few strangers looking up to see the man running down the street with a few tears coming down his face. He could hear the sirens in the distance getting louder each step he took. He made it to mikey's house and started throwing himself against the door trying to get it open. After five tries the door flung open and he ran down the halls looking in each room, he reached the last room and just as he was about to open the door-

Gerard sprung up in his bed and looked at the clock; 3:27 am. gerard swore and pulled the covers back over himself.

The next day gerard got up made breakfast and went to his office and sat down. He tapped on the desk for a minute before stopping, he pulled the keyboard closer to him and started typing. He scrolled down till he found the right site 'maya the psycic: fortune telling and re-occuring dream analysis'
He clicked on it and made an appointment. He had went there before when he had a weird reoccuring dream about water polo, he printed out the appointment slip and closed the tab, Gerard tucked the page into his jacket pocket and went back into the kitchen.

Gerard got into his car and started driving, he pondered something for awhile before turning on the car's radio. Moments later he pulled up at bandit's school and got out, he walked inside with his hands in his pockets and waited for his daughter.

Bandit came out with her backpack on and her sweater inside out.

"Daddy can you fix my sweater please" she asked.

"Of course B" he said pull the sleeves out the right way and helped the little girl put it on.

He helped her into the car and started to drive home, he smiled as he drove knowing he had something to live for, he had bandit, lindsey, frank and of course... mikey. He wished his brother realized all he had to live for, he wished mikey knew his older brother needed him. Gerard pulled into the driveway wiping away the one tear that fell before getting out and helping bandit out of the car.

(A/N when I wrote this when i was writing the part where frank hugged everyone goodbye I literally put 'including mikey' and it took me about 30 seconds to realize what I did)