Chapter 3: A Home of Gold

"No... They took you away.. You're at the city" Yugi gulped.

Yugi sat the paper down, letting his tears fall down his pale cheeks.

....

Yugi was different from everyone. No matter how long he is out in the sun, he'll always be pale as snow. Yugi was known by many names throughout their village.

Son of the Gods
The Bright Angel
The Child of Light

Yugi didn't mind those names, but he was confused on why they called him that. Was it because of how he looked? Was it because he was so kind and gentle? Or both?

But now.. Yugi felt like the son of the devil.

"I let them down didn't I? My stupid actions took them away.. I'll never be able to see them again!"

.....

Hours went by, it was finally morning. Yugi had no sleep, he couldn't stop thinking about the events that happened the other day.

Yugi heard a knock at the door, his friends were calling his name. Yugi scrambled up from the floor then walked to the door. He opened it, seeing that Anzu, Honda, and Jounouchi were standing there with a ball.

"Wanna come play Yugi?" Jounouchi asked as he bounced the ball on the pavement. 

"I don't know... Bad things happened you guys.."

Yugi then tried to explain as much as he could on what happened, leaving his young friends shocked. 

"Aw Yugi! I'm so sorry! I wish my mommy and daddy could do something but.. None of our parents have enough money" Anzu cried.

"Can we see the marks on your back?" Honda asked.

Yugi turned around, lifting up his shirt. "Don't touch my back please" 

Though, Jounouchi did not listen and poked Yugi's back which made Yugi nearly screaming.

"Jounouchi! He said to not touch it!" Anzu shouted.

"I just wanted to see what his reaction would be if I did" he giggled.

Yugi pulled his shirt back down then sat in the sand. "I'm just gonna watch, you guys go play"

And so they did.

Yugi was crying in the inside. He hoped his parents won't be in a cruel place.

.....

"Hello Yugi, everyone" the prince greeted as he sat by the hurt boy.

"Hey.. Is everything okay?" Atem asked.

"No. Nothing is okay your Highness!" Honda hissed.

"My parents got taking away last night" Yugi muttered.

"What!?" The prince gasped.

"They didn't tell you!?" Yugi cried.
"You're the Pharaoh's son, you should've known! And now I have no family to take care of me! All because I did stupid choices and now look what happened! My mommy and daddy are gone, I'll never be able to see them again because I'm a servant or at least a child in a servant's family!" Yugi screamed, tears running down his face like a hurricane.

The prince stumbled back.

"I'll have a talk with my father. I'll try to find someway to help you, Yugi" Atem finally said. Mana sat there, her head hanged low.

"I just wonder. Who told them that I was studying ancient writing?" Yugi asked.

"I promise you, it wasn't me unless... Mana did you say anything to anyone?"