Chapter 7: Parents

Those five years came too soon. War began so suddenly, fires burning villages to ash, people screaming for their lives, death spreading wickedly. 

Atem, if he comes back, he will be assigned as Pharaoh.

....

Yugi stood there as Atem was walking into the room. As the prince stood before Yugi, the young one had to look up to meet the eyes of a soon to be warrior.

"Do not cry, Yugi" Atem said softly as he wiped the boys tears away with his thumb.

"Why can't I go with you?" Yugi asked sadly.

"It will be too dangerous. If you're here, I won't have to worry that something will happen to you. I know that your powers and strength have imaginably increased over the few years but war is not an environment you can be in... I care about you, Yugi and I do not want to get you hurt again" Atem explained.

Yugi wrapped his arms around the prince, giving him one last long hug.
"Please be safe" Yugi said.

Atem nodded with a smile, "I will"

At that moment, Yugi released his arms around Atem. As they passed their goodbyes, Atem vanished.

Shimon came into the room. He stood behind Yugi then rubbed his shoulders. "It'll be alright. Atem will come home soon. Will you help me and the others if anything springs here?"

Yugi nodded his head.

War may not be my suited environment but no matter. I will help as much as I can..

...

Yugi sighed as he sat at the steps of the palace. Thoughts ran into his mind until..

"My parents!"

Yugi ran into the palace to seek for Shimon. Once he had found him in Atem's room, he asked loudly and worryingly, "I need to borrow one of your horses..! My parents, I need to go get them, and fast"

"Do you know where they are?" Shimon asked.

"Yes! I do. Priest Seto had told me not too long ago and I had completely forgotten"

"Well go" Shimon smiled.
"Go find your parents, take as much time you need"

"Thank you!"

Yugi bolted out of the room, then out the palace doors.

As he ran to the horse stables, he picked his favorite one out of all which was named Ori. Ori was a special horse to him. All midnight black but there was this odd green highlights in his mane and tail but that's what made Yugi happy. Ori sometimes was mean towards Yugi by either throwing him off or just eating that spiky hair of his but other times Ori seemed to be sweet. Yugi hopped on the horse, then ordered him to go.

Little Yugi ventured out through the desert, it took him awhile but finally up ahead was a gated community, so many buildings peaking from the tips of the gates.

"Who are you?" The guard asked.

"My name is Yugi, sir. I come from the Pharaoh's Palace"

"The Pharaoh's palace? Why do you want to come to a place like this?" The guard tilted his head.

"War is coming, sir. I must seek for my parents.. This war, you must be very well prepared, I'd advise you to evacuate" Yugi explained hesitantly.

The man scratched his chin.
"Alright, I'll let them know, and your parents.? What do they look like?"

"My mother has big brown eyes with crimson, long hair. She is about my height.. And my father.. He has this raven black hair with red highlights and he's about 5'7 I'd assume by now" Yugi tried to explain as much as he could.

"Ah yes, come with me"

Yugi got off Ori then walked the horse inside. As the gates shut right behind Yugi, it startled him.
The boy looked around at the tall, sand yellow and bronze colored buildings. 

"Right here" the guard said.

"Thank you" Yugi bowed respectfully as he tied his horse to the fence that sat right in front of their window. The boy walked up the small pair of steps then hesitantly knocked on the door. 

"Who is it?" a crackly, cold voice called out.

"Don't say that! I'll go see who it is.." a woman sighed. 

Yugi stepped back, his body began to tremble as the footsteps got louder. His heart began to race once the doorknob began to jiggle. 

Once the door opened, the woman's eyes had widened. 
"My son!" She cried as she jumped out the door to hug little Yugi.  "Ah! You've grown so much!" 

"Who's at the door- Yugi?!"

Yugi looked over his mother's shoulder to see his father who has definitely changed.

"Father..."

The old man stood at the doorway, analyzing Yugi.

"What are you doing here?"

Yugi then explained what was happening which made his mother look worrisome.

"We should go, please do not be difficult" his mother told her husband, sternly.

"Fine. Yugi, please stay out here while your mother and I get our belongings and then we'll get our horses ready" his father said as he walked back into his home.

"I'm deeply sorry my son.. Your father has been like this for a long time, I just want you to know that he loves you as much as I"
His mom pecked Yugi on the forehead then followed her husband inside.

...

The three were riding in the desert now, Yugi looked to his left, seeing all the black smoke filling the pale blew skies.
The he saw them.
People in complete black riding towards them.

"Just like from when I was little.."
Yugi had a flashback of the royal guard and the one person in black 'dueling'.
"Father, Mother, you go on ahead, whatever happens, just keep going straight and you'll be at the palace!" Yugi explained.

"Yugi what are you planning on doing!?" His father raged.

"Well if you want to stay to find out then be my guest"