Chapter 23

I have proof right here that Monster is terrible for you. Don’t try this. Just because I know exactly where this will lead me. Jase almost accidentally killed himself like this before, so that’s how I know this will work. Even the can of Monster says to have no more than three per day. I assume five in a half an hour is going to do some serious damage. With all that caffeine… holy shit. I’m going down.

The thing about energy drinks is they don’t really give you energy. They speed up your heart rate which makes you feel like you have energy. So. The more of this stuff I drink, the faster my heart will go. The faster my heart goes, well, it’ll kick it eventually.

I crack open the Java Monster first. I down it within three minutes and feel like I’m going to throw up. I’m fighting to keep it down, though. If I throw up this Monster I’m not going to be successful and then I’ll have to deal with that cruel bitch for another day and it’ll just make everything that much more difficult. I have to do this first shot.

Even though it’s making me gag to do so, I crack open the next Monster. The sweet fizzyness slides down my throat and makes me feel even worse. I don’t know if I’ll be able to make it to five without puking. It’s only been eight minutes and I’ve downed two Monsters. I’m shaky as fuck and need to get up and run around. This is so uncomfortable. I need to put off energy and throw up at the same time. I’m not sure how to give in to both needs, so instead I give in to neither. I just pick up another Monster.

As I’m forcing the third energy drink down my throat, I think about how messed up this is. What a way to go out. There are always those dramatic suicides. The ones where someone cuts themselves so deep they bleed out. There are the ones where someone swallows a bottle of pills. There are the nooses. The bullets to the heads. But you never hear death by Monster. Well, I guess you have heard of it, now.

I’m getting ready to crack open my fourth Monster and my stomach feels like it’s going to explode. It’s practically begging me not to drink the last two Monsters. The thing is… I can make a recovery from three Monsters in fifteen minutes. I have to keep going. I’m showing life that she isn’t the bitch that has full control over me. Sometimes things are my choice. Just like ending my relationship with her. It’s fully my option. So, I force the fourth one down.

It’s been twenty five minutes since I started drinking my Monster. I feel so shaky it’s ridiculous. I don’t even think I’ll be able to drink my last Monster without spilling it everywhere. I need to move. I can’t handle sitting. But my stomach hurts like hell and I’m going to barf. I can’t move. I’m pretty sure that if I try to move my stomach might actually split open. I’m pretty sure I can see a food baby from all that Monster. Not to mention I can actually see my heart beating. My chest is thumping at hummingbird speed.

Here goes the last one. This is for all the marbles. I open it and force it down and as far as I can tell, my stomach actually does split open. I’m not sure. I’m too shaky to tell. I’m all over the place. I try to stand up and it hurts. It hurts so badly. No. I can’t even move because my stomach hurts so freaking badly from putting so much Monster inside of it. At least I know I’m done. It’s been a half hour and I’ve had more Monster than one can safely ingest in a day. My heart is pounding so hard that I’m not sure how it hasn’t burst yet.

I’m about to pry myself up onto my bed when something inside of me slows down. Then, I feel a little relaxed. My pain goes away. My stomach isn’t a ticking time bomb anymore. Everything just goes black.