Chapter 26

"Ana, this is my number two Ros, who also happens to be a number-one pain in my ass. Ros, this is Anastasia, my girlfriend."

Ana giggled. Ros was exactly as she'd imagined based on Christian's stories. A ballbuster who doesn't put up with my man's shit. "Hello Ros. It's nice to finally meet you. Christian has told me a lot about you."

The stout middle-age woman wagged her finger at her boss. "I don't even want to know what he said. You don't need me quitting on you Grey, especially now that you've been spending all that extra time at home with a certain someone."

Ros raised a suggestive brow at Ana, who gave her a shy smile. "He's said nothing but good things," Ana rushed to reassure her.

"Well, he's done nothing but harp about how wonderful you are my dear. Hell, I thought he'd lay out rose petals for your visit today. Not that I'm complaining. Whatever you're doing, keep it up. Christian hasn't been this agreeable in, well, ever! The whole company is grateful for your intervention," she said, letting out a deep-throated laugh.

"That's quite enough Ros," Christian cleared his throat, a tinge of pink staining his cheeks. "Don't you have work to do?"

"Apparently I do," she chuckled, throwing Ana a devious grin. "Enjoy your afternoon you two."

"She's just as I pictured her," Ana whispered.

"She's lucky I rely on her so much. No one else is permitted to speak to me that way." He gave Ana a peck on the lips. "No one but you of course."

"I'd hardly call you a whipped man," she flirted.

"Hmph. I don't think any woman ever says that out loud to her man. Doesn't mean it's not true."

"Poor baby," Ana pouted, feigning sympathy.

Christian was about to smack her ass again when he saw Andrea out of the corner of his eye.

"Ah Miss Parker. There you are. Let me introduce you to Anastasia Steele."

"Miss Steele, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance," the neatly dressed woman said, having been thoroughly informed of her boss's girlfriend, through flower shop requests and strict instructions that her calls be patched through immediately.

"Nice to meet you too Miss Parker. Thank you for your assistance earlier."

"Of course. Can I get you anything to drink?"

"Did you want something baby?" Christian asked. Andrea hid her surprise at her boss's uncharacteristic term of endearment.

"No I'm fine, thank you," Ana smiled graciously.

"OK then. Come, there are a few other executives I'd like you to meet."

Christian may have joked about being a "whipped man," but he held court with his employees. Ana was impressed by the respect he commandeered — and the fear he had instilled. It was an incredible turn-on to see her man in action.

After a barrage of speedy introductions, Ana found herself in Christian's vast, modern office overlooking the city.

"Are those the paintings I liked at that art gallery we went to in Napa?" she asked, referring to the impressionist landscape of a pastoral farm along with two still lifes of ripened fruits that hung on the wall opposite his large desk.

Christian shrugged. "You said I needed some color at Escala. Since I put the other two paintings we bought in Napa in the penthouse, I put these three in here."

"That's so sweet," she gave him a toothy grin. Christian approached her from her behind and led her to his desk, rubbing her shoulders.

"Do you like the view?"