Chapter: 21 "Fire"

Author's Notes: I'm reeeeeeaaaaaallllllyyyyyy sorry for the continuous lack of updates! I promise to make it up to you guys.

BTW, did you get the pun in this chapter's title?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A giddy Autumn was strolling towards her dorm, she landed her hand on the doorknob and twisted it open, only to be greeted by the last person she wanted to see. Taeyang.

"What in the world are you doing here?!" she began.

The boy merely shifted at the sudden outburst and looked a bit...bored.

"If my roomie finds out you're in here, she'll totally freak!"

He got up from the couch and walked over to the wooden desk as he played with then little figurines nestled on top.

He was completely ignoring her. And she HATED the lack of attention. She furrowed her eyebrows and swallowed.

She opened her lips once more to speak, but was cut off by the intruder.

"How's life, Autumn, baby?" he asked.

Oh the horrible nicknames! She was fuming with utmost rage now!

"What kind of sick call is that?!" she yelled.

"Why? Isn't that what your boy toy calls you, nowadays?" he said.

"Uh, no! Unlike you, he seems to have the common decency to NOT call me THAT!"

He smirked.

"You've been spending an awful lot of time with him too."

She gasped at his sentence as if it were an insult.

"What do you care?! He's my boyfriend and I'm his girlfriend. I HAVE to spend time with him."

He placed the figurine back to its original place and stared straight into her eyes. She saw something inside of those burning eyes that made her understand his sudden intrusion.

He wanted her.

They just stared at each other, not uttering a single word. They were communicating through their moment of silence. A silence so precious it brought them inches closer. Their hearts beating rapidly at the sudden desire.

The room was warmer than usual and none of them minded it as they were too busy focusing on each other. Taeyang made the first move and he graciously stepped closer to Autumn until their faces were only centimeters apart.

Autumn felt her face flush at the closure. She was so sure of what she wanted and assumed that they came for the same thing. He closed his eyes and pushed his lips closer to hers, but they didn't touch. And Autumn was greatly disappointed at that.

He opened his eyes, stepped back, and walked out of the door, closing it shut.

She smirked at the recent interaction and knew he'd be back. She knew he couldn't stay away from the demanding fire that burned inside of him.