Chapter 9: "Never Forget"

Time had gone by so fast, Baekhyun was still the same old Baekhyun, naive, immature and cowardly. Unlike Chanyeol, who had matured over the passing years, leaving only his ill temper unchanged.

As Baekhyun was running through the cold, broken street, he couldn't help but ponder about the future. A wave of curious thoughts flooded his busy mind,

"Will Chanyeol still remember me?", "Is our friendship coming to an end?", "Is he gonna change?"

Baekhyun stopped at a corner, he was torn apart. But he decided to just stay strong and have faith in him.

Chanyeol was finally able to catch up to him, he paused, panting heavily.

"Baekhyun...why did you stop running?" He asked between breaths.

Baekhyun thought about his answer for a second and insisted on lying,

"I guess all this excitement caught up to me, and ran out of breath." He answered, faking to be out of breath.

"Heh, we...should just walk from now on, ok?" Chanyeol said with a smile.

Baekhyun nodded and started walking alongside him,

They had soon reached Chanyeol's house and began packing, it was silent until Baekhyun broke the silence,

"Chanyeol...?" He asked.

"Yeah, what is it?" Chanyeol replied.

"Will you forget about me?"

Chanyeol paused for a moment and gave Baekhyun a confused look, he could sense how irritated he was with the question,

"The hell-? Why would I forget about my best friend?!" He said, his eyebrows narrowed in annoyance.

Baekhyun smiled at his answer.

"I was just wondering..."

Chanyeol shook his head and continued packing his bag,

"Then stop with all the questions, I'll never forsake you, Baekhyun. Plus, I ain't forgetful." He said bluntly as he scanned through his papers.

Baekhyun felt the tension in the room and decided to just leave,

"Well, Chanyeol, I better get going now..." Baekhyun said shyly.

Chanyeol was pretty busy and muttered a simple, "Yeah, see ya'"

Baekhyun walked out of his house and ran straight home. He still couldn't bear the fact that Chanyeol was going to leave...

For a few years, he would have to live all alone, no friends, no family, no one. His eyes had gone teary just thinking about that. And yet, he felt a little bit of happiness, knowing that Chanyeol was gonna have a bright future due to his education.

He sat on his bed and wiped the tears off of his eyes, smiling.

A few minutes later, he turned the lights out and went straight to sleep, a wave of thoughts still buzzing through his head.

"Just...don't forget about me..."