chapter 5

Chapter 5

“Naomi, stop!”

The sound of Logan’s voice stopped her. She stood their rubbing the tears from her face, ignoring the onlookers staring at her. She felt a tug on her arm and her face met Logan’s as he pulled her into his arms, holding her closely. The warmth of his body pressed against hers made her body tremble. Naomi had never felt a man’s body besides her father’s so close against her. Why was Logan doing this? He should be scolding her and telling her to get her act together. But here they stood in the middle of the lobby room, with his arms wrapped around her.

He let go of her and held her hand as he led her up the stairs and into an elevator. Naomi hadn’t realized where he was leading her but at this point it did not matter to her anymore. She was fighting more of her tears as they suddenly ended up on the top floor in front of hotel room door. Logan pulled out a key from his pocket, opening the door and pulling her inside the room. The door shut behind them and the dark room was now lit. If Naomi was herself at the moment would have been mesmerized by the custom furnishing and beautiful view of the city from the balcony. Logan led her to a red velvet couch and pulled her down with him. She lay on top of him; the tears she held back had begun to flow again.

He pulled the pin holding her hair in bun, allowing her hair to flow down her shoulders. He did not care if her tears stained his Armani shirt or for the fact that his unshakeable secretary was now on top of him, crying. Whatever possessed him to do this he could not figure it out, but right now all he wanted to do was comfort her.

Naomi had stopped crying and looked up at Logan. She quickly turned her gaze away from him embarrassed by their current position and how she had allowed herself to break down in front of him. This wasn’t like Naomi Fox to appear weak in front of someone. Let alone allow someone she barely knew to capture her in her in one of her weakest moments. Her heart began to race in her chest when she felt his hand cup her chin. She felt a lump grow in her throat as their eyes met. Instead of seeing anger and hatred, she saw kindness and worry for her.

“Mr. Storm, I-I am sorry for letting you down.”

Instead of a response, he kissed her forehead and held her closer to his chest. She could smell his cologne; it was an alluring rosy scent mixed in with a hint of black spices. He heard him sigh and kissed the top of her head again. He wanted to calm her and protect her. The feelings he had for her were going beyond lust and attraction. He wanted to be the person she could lean on. Logan had never imagined that he would feel so peaceful around a woman to the point where he felt he could let his guard down. He barely knew this woman. But here he was, alone with her in his arms, comforting him. This scared him and by her trembling, so did her.

“Mr. Storm…”

“Hush, Naomi just relax.”

Her eyes widen at the sudden realization that he had used her name in a soft gentle tone. This was scarring her. The rush of emotion flooding through her was a new but welcoming feeling. This was different then what she felt when she was around Nigel. Her eyes looked up at Logan’s face. His lips were curved into a smile and his hands begin softly caressing her back. With their bodies against each other he could smell that vanilla scent from before. It amazed him on how well their bodies fit perfectly together. This was the first time he felt the need to comfort a woman much less allow woman to cry on him. What is she doing to me?

“Mr. Storm this—“

“Tell me what’s wrong Naomi?”

She bit her bottom lip. She never told anyone what happened to her father besides her Gabriella. Naomi couldn’t figure out if she could trust him or not with this type of information. She was hesitant but the tone of his voice she felt that she could trust him. She felt safe in his arms. But retelling the story was too painful for her to do.