chapter 11

Chapter 11

Siting on the couch with Logan was difficult for Naomi. Seeing him move around and running his fingers through his large collection of DVDs without his shirt on gave her new reason to take a long cold shower. If Logan hadn’t stared at and gave her that answer to her question maybe she wouldn’t feel so vulnerable around him. What in the world gave Logan the power to put Naomi Fox on the edge? He was sexy, smart, and surprisingly held a caring side under that icy cold exterior of his but why was Naomi attracted to him? Was it his piercing blue eyes, handsome looks, or was it the fact that when most men would run away from a crying woman, he held her close and comforted her. This was the first time she had ever felt these feelings for a man. She was beginning to realize maybe the love she had for Nigel was more on the lust and admirations. She didn’t want to admit to the fact that she was becoming more and more interested in Logan Storm.

“Naomi what do you want to watch? I have horror, romance, action, and comedy.”

She took a slight glance at his movie collection and back at him. “Have you seen all the movies?”

“No,” he shrugged. “I always say that I’ll watch it but I never get time to watch most of the movies I have here.”

“I see…”

“I do have this movie called Something New, I have yet to see it but Alex had given it to me once he started dating Gabriella.”

“Sounds familiar, what is it about?”

“It seems like a romance between an African American woman and a Caucasian man.”

“And?”

“It’s seems to be about this woman named Kenya Denise McQueen who wants succeed in becoming corporate attorney and she starts to fall in love with Brian Kelly who deals in landscaping.” His eye glanced at the description again and looked at Naomi.

“I’m not a fan of romance but it sounds interesting.” 

“Do you want to watch?”

Naomi wasn’t sure how to answer his question. The plot of the movie and their current position at the moment made her feel slightly nervous. What was she expecting from watching this movie? Here they were a black woman and a white man in informal attire, in front of a heated fire place and getting ready to go under a blanket while watching a romantic movie which was all too ironic in their situation. It was almost as if they were in a relationship. They were certainly playing the part of what the world would describe as a relationship if they were seeing it from a visual perspective. But in all honesty, what kind of relationship did they have? Naomi often saw it as employee and employer but the things they have done stepped far out of that realm. This is what Naomi was afraid of; she was beginning to see Logan as a man.

Logan smiled as he slipped in the DVD and click on a few buttons on a remote. The lights turned off and the fireplace had lit up on its own. He grabbed the blanket off the couch and sat down. She felt the slight brush of his hand on her thigh as he placed the blanket on top them. She was so close to Logan and her senses were running in over drive. She wanted to run her hand through his hair and lay her head on his shoulder. She wanted to learn more about him. Her heart was racing as she gazed at Logan whose eyes were on the large flat screen that was playing the movie. With the light coming from the fire place she could make out Logan lips, the outline of his jar and his long eye black eye lashes. Was Logan always this handsome up close? Sometimes Naomi would glance at Logan and notice certain things about him but being so close to him, made her feel like she was noticing him for the first time.

As if sensing her eyes on him he turned his gaze from the movie onto her. She quickly forced her eyes onto the television screen. She mentally hoped that he had not caught her gazing at him. After a half an hour of the movie, they both found themselves laughing and finding themselves taking what the movie was about seriously. Logan had happened to find himself looking at Naomi. This was the first time Logan had ever considered being with a black woman. It had never crossed his mind that he would be interested in black woman. He had often dated white women and a few Latin American woman that’s if you considered spending a few days in bed with each other “dating.” When it came down to Naomi he didn’t want to have sex with her like he had wanted to in the beginning, he now wanted to make love to her and cherish her and make her his.