chapter 18

Naomi sighed under her breath as turned her gaze onto her alarm clock, sitting on her nightstand. Logan had dropped her around 9pm and without her approval, he had given her soft pleasurable long kiss on the lips. It almost felt like he was apologizing for what he had done to her earlier. Naomi wasn't quite sure if she was ready to forgive him, but another part of her wanted to invite him into her room and possibly cuddle? Was Logan even a cuddling type of man? All Naomi knew was the Logan liked her, but what really confused her was if he was honestly serious. Logan was handsome from head to toe and Naomi was average in the sense that she didn't run around all day like Penny putting on makeup or wearing skirts in the dead of winter. Naomi dressed professional 24/7. Why did he like her?

She growled as hide her face in her pillow. Naomi hated the feeling of her insecurities. Better yet, she hated the feeling of thinking that Logan could possibly be playing with her heart. This was Naomi's first time, walking up the steps towards love. She needed to just relax and see where this was taking her. She glanced at her alarm clock again and noticed that it getting close to 11pm. She sighed and rubbed her face into her pillow, letting sleep slowly take over as her eyes closed.

~~~~~~~~~~

Naomi awoke from sleep caused by the sound of her cell phone ringing on her nightstand. She grumbled as she noticed that it was only a couple minutes before 6am. She needed to get up anyway but even a few minutes more of sleep would of helped. She rubbed her eyes and picked up the phone, placing it close to her ear.

"Hello?"

"Naomi don't come into work."

Naomi became more awake as she quickly realize it was Logan who was calling her.

"What do you mean Logan?"

"Do not come into work."

"Why not?" Naomi couldn't understand why Logan would tell her not to come into work. Working was her life and she had already missed two days. That was enough for her to start losing her mind. Logan would need to give a very good reason not to come into work. Then again, Naomi was the type of person to go into work with a high fever.

"Look Logan, I need to go to work. I really don't care what the reason is."

Naomi could hear Logan sigh heavily on the phone. Something must have happen to cause Logan to panic like this.

"You won't like what you see."

"I'm a big girl Logan, I can take care of myself," with that, she whispered her goodbye and hung up the phone. Naomi's nerves were on the edge now. Whatever it was waiting for her at work must be horrible enough to have even Logan worry.

~~~~

Naomi sighed as she straightened up her posture and walked through the elevator doors. Even before she could walk towards her desk, she could feel the eyes of her coworkers staring her down. The soft sounds of whispered and swift movement of female employee secretly following her, annoyed her. Naomi had decided to dress business. Her hair was put into a tight bun and her lips held only a soft tint of clear lip gloss. She wore black slacks and a white turtleneck. Naomi wasn't make sure everyone knew that she was still the ice queen of the office. However, the men saw otherwise. Just before she sat down at her desk, she was approached by Jim Wellington. He was five years older than her and about the same height. He was slightly attractive with his hazel and buzz cut blond hair. He was known around the office to be a skirt chaser, especially since he often had his eyes on Penny.

"Good morning Naomi."

First name bases? Naomi sighed and sat down at her desk, looking at Jim. This man never looked or even bothered Naomi before. She needed to relax and keep her composure.