chapter 7

Comments are apperciated!

Chapter 7

Naomi was once again at her desk. It was another day at work but something about her had changed. Not that she could have avoided the sudden change in her wardrobe today. Naomi had been so wrapped up last night trying to figure out what she was going to wear tonight that she had forgotten to do her laundry. This ended up forcing her to wear a black pencil skirt and a dark blue long sleeved turtleneck with an oval cut in the middle, revealing a bit of her cleavage. Naomi never wore something like this to work. Both of the items of clothing were a gift from Gaby which she never paid attention to wearing them until now since she had no choice. Naomi always hid her body under her clothing opting to wear slacks rather than a skirt. She wasn’t really ashamed of her body but she just felt that there was no need for her to parade around like Penny.

She sighed under her breath as she felt slightly embarrassed when people suddenly began staring at her as she walked around. Even Penny had to take a double look to make sure she wasn’t imaging things. Naomi had her hair down and long bang with an end flip on her left eye and her lips were painted a soft red which perfectly matched her caramel skin tone.

Naomi could feel everyone’s eyes on her. It was as if she was back on her first day again. All eyes were on her, waiting to see if she would slip up. Like hell she would let that happen. Naomi began her work again, tying away at the screen making sure that appointments were met and all of the company’s information was organized. As time slowly went by, her coworkers were more focused on her, especially the male population. She tried to ignore the whispers and the soft mentioning of her name. This was work not high school! Naomi noticed that she was low on coffee and headed into the break room. She didn’t bother to stop when she noticed two of her male coworkers watching her from the corner of the room, their eyes never leaving her back side. As Naomi poured herself some coffee and took out the hazelnut creamer from the refrigerator, they both stood behind her. She could feel the intense gaze on her back side coming from her two coworkers. She tried her best to put on a smile.

Naomi turned around looking back at them. They were both her height and not unattractive but they were nothing compared to Logan. It irked her that she was now comparing men to Logan. When did she put him on pedestal? She gave them a smile as she poured her creamer into the coffee.

“How can I help you gentlemen?”

The blonde haired one gave her a smile while the brown haired one stared at her chest. It took Naomi a lot of self-control not to beat the hell out of him.

“I’m Kenneth and my friend over here is Paul,” the blonde haired one spoke.

Naomi knew them as Penny’s lackeys. Those two were often at her ever beck and call. It made her sick how these men would follow her around like love sick puppies.  Now these two were staring at her as if she was the new “Penny.”

“I know who you two are.”

“Well we were wondering if you would like to join us for lunch later.”

Naomi learned never to trust men who switched sides so easily. She eyed them down and gave them another smile. Paul never bothered to look at her face; he was so fixated by her cleavage that his eyes followed every turn of her torso. Breast man I suppose.

“I’m sorry gentlemen but I’m a bit busy, perhaps another time.” Fat chance!

Before she could allow them to respond, she left the room slightly annoyed. Those two would have never given her the time of day but now they wanted to get close to her. The thought of that made her stomach turn. She rolled her eyes at the sight of Penny waiting by her desk. Naomi was ready to break her no alcohol rule if the day was going to continue like this. She sat her desk and didn’t bother to look at Penny whose fake smile hid all of her frustration. Naomi didn’t give a damn if Penny stood there all day. There was work to be done.