22. She thinks she's badass

Irfan Raza had been waiting for his daughters to come while pretending to read the newspaper to while away the time when he heard the doorbell was rung so viciously that he nearly dropped his paper

When he opened the door with a frown he was surprised to find it was Shaheen and Chand. He smiled, "So, is the great Benzema joining us for dinner or-?"

Before he could complete his question, Shaheen had already side-stepped him and vanished upstairs.

He looked at Chand, "I...what did...?"

She shook her head, "He didn't come."

"He didn't?" Irfan asked. "But you have been gone for more than three hours! What did you guys do?"

Chand sighed as they went inside, "She texted him. She called him. She waited and waited and when I said that we couldn't wait anymore, she finally left. It was heartbreaking to watch it. He didn't even bother to reply or pick up any of his calls. She's really upset."

The father watched his youngest daughter softly, "And you?"

She shrugged sadly, "I'm bummed but she's the one who's friends with him not me."

"Well, you better have some dinner, young lady-"

"Actually we ate at the food court. I'm not really hungry, I think I'll just go to bed."

He nodded, "Okay."

She was halfway up the stairs when he asked, "Will she talk to me about it?"

She looked at him, "I don't think so but I'm going to try. You?"

"Me too," he gave a small smile.

He waited a good ten minutes before knocking on Shaheen's bedroom door, "Shaheen, my tiger, it's me, Dad."

There was no reply. He opened the door and stepped inside expecting God knows what, some tantrum after-effects, maybe? Instead he found his daughter sitting in front of her open cupboard, facing away from him.

"Shaheen?"

She turned around, "Oh, I'm sorry. Didn't hear you come in."

Her eyes were red, her face was blotchy from crying and even though Irfan had never been a Madrid fan before, this was the moment he began to downright hate Karim for making his daughter cry. That guy has no manners, no sense of friendship or good behaviour. Gentlemen aren't common these days it seems.

He walked towards her and she got up, closing the cupboard, "I was going to change so er-maybe we could talk later?"

He sat on her bed, "I gave you plenty of time to get changed, you know."

She watched him with a set jaw, "I'm okay, Dad."

"Look, all I want for you to know is that he's not worth it. Whatever he meant to you, he's just not worth your tears, your sadness. You're my daughter and it hurts me to see you get upset over a guy."

"I'm not upset over a guy-I-I-I just thought...anyway, it's a thing of the past now," she tried to smile bravely. "I'm fine. Like seriously, it doesn't affect me. I wasn't even that big a fan of his to begin with. I'm just happy this, whatever it was, is over so that I don't go on-" She looked up, "Bottom line is, I am fine."

Irfan opened his mouth to protest but she stopped him, "And I'd like to go sleep now. Its been a tiring day."

He nodded but before he closed the door behind him, he said, "I know I'm not your mother and I know she would have known how to make it better but you needn't pretend to be fine with me. I care about you and whatever way I can, I want to help."

As the door closed, Shaheen stifled a sob.

That night, it took her forever to fall asleep.

I thought we were friends. The best of friends.

He opened my snapchats.

He read my messages.

He ignored them.

He cut my calls.

It's like "we" never existed.

It's like I dreamt it up.

It's like it was all a joke to him.

It probably was.

Here's a dumb little fangirl, let's play a joke on her.

Let her think she's special when in reality she's not worth any of my time.

She thinks she's badass, stand her up. Let her know what she really is.

She wanted to hate him, so much and yet, the last thing she remembered before falling asleep was checking her phone for any messages, anything from him. All she wanted was some explanation, some semblance of proof that she had meant something to Karim, that he hadn't just forgotten her, that he hadn't just stood her up.

Next morning, there were still no messages and she got up with an iron-resolve: I hate him. He's a mistake I am never repeating. I won't let him get to me and make me feel sad anymore. Let him know that he didn't mean anything to me either. No texts, no snapchats, no nothings to him ever, okay?

Okay, she swore as she blinked back tears and went down for breakfast.

[okay, so, don't kill us please?

Like seriously though, WHAT THE FRICKING FART KARIM?

All will be explained in the next chapter but until then please vote/comment and let us know your thoughts on this chapter? Love x]