31. get your ass back here

"Bro," Raphael knocked at the door

Shaheen frowned as she looked up from Chand's messages, "I'll just see who that is."

Karim nodded, smiling shyly as he replied to Isco's messages, "Yeah, yeah."

"Oh hey, R-raphael," she stuttered as she found him standing at her doorstep.

"Is Karim here?" he asked, looking perturbed.

"Uh, yeah, wait a sec." She turned around, "Karim, um Raphael's at the door? He looks a bit worried."

Karim walked out as Raphael whispered, "Can we talk alone?"

"What-" he laughed in response, looking guiltily at Shaheen. "Its Shaheen, you can say whatever you want."

But she understood, "Uh, I better get ready for the rasam. You two have your talk, yeah? Okay, see you."

"Did you hear that? She said see you to me. Thank God, I think she might like me."

"No shit Sherlock," his friend rolled his eyes as they walked away. "I've got bad, worse and worst news. Which would you like to hear first?"

"Woah...bad first?"

"Zidane called once again. He figured out you and Isco have blocked his number. He wants us back and he wants to talk to you asap."

"Oh shit," Karim muttered. "What's worse?"

"He's still on the phone. Isco is talking to him. We originally cut his call saying that there was no signal but he just kept calling back. You gotta talk to the coach, man."

"How do you have something even worse than this to say?"

Raphael smiled grimly, "Well, you saved the worst for last. So here goes. Jamila's real brother came to see you. Thankfully, you weren't there. He seemed really angry. I haven't heard him telling other people yet but your fake identity might be failing."

"Shit shit shit. What do we do? What do we do? I'm busted. What if they call the police and arrest me for identity theft? I haven't even tried paragliding yet."

"Let's...take this one at a time. You should talk to Zidane first."

"Oh God, okay," Karim said. "Wait, what did he tell you?"

"He told me to get your ass back here, you're one of my best defenders, don't you dare slack!"

"Eep, that sounds..."

"Yep, he's not too happy."

"What did you tell him?"

Raphael raised his hands in defence, "Dude, he scared the shit out of me. I just said, yes, Mister, yes, sir, sorry, sir."

Karim reached Raphael's room only to have a very flustered Isco shout gratefully, "There he is, Zizou bear. Karim, coach's been asking for you."

"Yes, coach?"