The Story~Romance

When creating a good romance story you can add the female's POV ,the male's POV and the characters. This is important because if pick the female's/male's POV it could tell the emotion, thoughts and their description to the situation or characters they have seen. 

If you want your characters to meet DO NOT make it so clichéd like:

~A main character drops something but the other but the other main character picks it up and their hands connect and look at each other and yada-yada-yada.

~They would occasionally bump into each other.

~When their friend/classmate tells them something romantic happening (like them being talked about positively) between them they begin to blush which means that they have a crush them.

~There would be the friend zone cliché it needs to be used effectively but don't drag it on for many chapters, it would most likely annoy readers.

~Meet if they're teens.

~They're father/mother think that they are not good enough for them.

In order to avoid this,something has to happen you have to make them meet in childhood, choose the forced together when they don't expect it and make them go through tough challenges as a child the best. The best example is in 'The Amazing World of Gumball- The Choices.'

NOTE-It is completely up to you for when you want to meet them in their childhood or teenage years.