The Hardest Farewell

Sans was the first one on the ground. Everything had happened so fast, he wasnt quite sure how to react.

You could have stopped it. And now he's going to die.

"Wow..." The flower choked. "I didn't think..." You had it in you..."

"SHUT UP!" Sans screamed, summoning a bone to his hand. "You've done quite enough for one timeline!" With the last phrase, he yanked on the flowers head, and tore off all of the petals.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Five.

After that, the flowers face grew into one of fear- finally. Without a second of hesitation, Sans sliced through the stem, and the flowers head went still. The death of the flower loosened the vines binding Papyrus, and the three rushed to get all of them loose.

"This hurts. Stop, please..." Papyrus said softly.

"No, we're helping you out, bro"! Sans said. "It's going to be better soon."

Sans's eyes wandered down to Papyrus's armor, which had a large crack, showing off some bruised bone. Sans placed his hands over the wound and started to heal, his breath soon becoming short and often. "It's okay." He kept repeating mindlessly.

"Sans, stop. You're just going to exhaust yourself and get us both killed." Papyrus gave a small smile, reaching to move Sans's hands away. Already, dust was starting to fall from them.

"I can't just leave you like this. Paps, I'm so sorry. I could do so much better, and I can't, and now you're-"

"It's okay, Sans. Thank you."

"For what? All I've done is be lazy and not pay any attention."

"That's not true. You make me laugh, even when I'm mad. You protect me just how siblings should, and always encourage me. Undyne, you always believed in me, even if I did burn down your house a few times. Sorry about that." Papyrus weakly laughed.

"Are you kidding me?! You're literally dying and you're worried about the house?!" Undyne seemed pretty angry at this. "You big dork, stop doing that. You're going to make me cry."

"Well, the great Papyrus excels at everything he does." Sans laughed, trying so hard to keep a smile.

"You, human. Thank you so much. You've been a great friend and I couldn't ask for more. Except for one thing. I'd like to know your name, if thats okay. 'Human' wouldn't be the best name to remember you by." At this point, Papyrus's voice was extremely slow and weak, yet he managed to keep a cheerful personality..

*I-I- My name is Frisk

The human, Frisk, started crying.

"Frisk? Thats a beautiful name."

Suddenly, Frisk had wrapped Papyrus into a hug.

*I don't want to let go! Please, stay with us!

Frisk was now sobbing, which started to get Sans pretty emotional. He hadn't cried in so long, despite everything. Now was a better time than ever to let it out.

"I don't mind... I'm actually okay with this. At least none of you got hurt..." Papyrus smiled. "Goodbye..."

"Goodbye, Papyrus." Sans stumbled over the last word several times, choked up entirely, and tightened the hug. Soon, the hug dissolved, leaving three friends knelt down on the ground, crying over a pile of dusty snow.

Well.

This was interesting to write.

Last part in a few.