Chapter 1: Through The Dark

Chapter 1

Melissa's P.O.V

I woke up to the taste of blood. As usual. My Boyfriend, Thomas has been abusive ever since i saw him kissing someother girl sbout 2 years ago. 

I live with him in California because I have no where else. My parents work so much, I never get to see them or even talk to them. I always call my best friend, Chloey though. 

I wake up on the floor. Rather that than with Thomas.

 I walk to  my closet and pick out an outfit for the day. A white crop top with floral high waisted shorts. I also paired them with white converse high-tops and let my hair flow down natural. I put on the same make-up I do everyday, simple eyeliner. and light pink lips. It was my Birthday tomarrow. Im turning 20. I was going to run errands for a party we are throwing. Chloey's coming and im super exited.

 I leave a note and say that im going to run errands. I would try to get away using the car but i would never take that risk of Thomas finding me and hurting me. I cant afford Medical bills.

 I walk to the car and start to drive to the store. 

*After Shopping*

I walk into the door and Thomas is throwing up in the bathroom. 

"Thomas, I'm back. I got all the stuff for the party." I yell thrying to be louder than the sound of Thomas Puking into our toilet.

"What are you talking about?" He says.

"My Birthday party." I say

"Can we go out tonight?" He asks.

I dont dare to refuse because he'll just slap me and we'll end up going anyway.

"Yeah" I say and I sigh as I put everything in the refigerator.

*Nighttime*

Its almost 8:00 and i have to find something to wear. I know i want something Blue and heels because i have so many i never use. 

Before I pick out what i want to wear I take a quick shower. I make sure to wash my face clean to make sure it was totally clean for make-up. 

When im done with my shower I brush my teeth really quick and wrap the towel around my now drenched body.

I finally pick out the perfect outfit. 

A Blue skater dress, really cute, ankle black boots with a heel, and i just put maskcara and a little eyeshadow with light pink lips. Also straigtened my hair a little bit, it was way too messy for a night out.

"Where do you want to go?" I asked.

"Wherever I say." he responded with a cruel tone.

"Okay, lets go then." I said.

*At the resturant (Nandos)*

Its been about 10 minutes and Thomas said that he was going to the bathroom. I kinda expected this soi ordered my food. 

I ordered some really good chicken and rice. By the time I was finished eating Thomas still wasnt back. I felt so stupid eating at resturant with a table fortwo and being alone the whole time.

A couple minuets of me just sitting there playing on my phone, Thomas was back.

"Where have you been?" I asked politely but avoiding eye contact.

" In the bathroom." He said sternly.

" For a hlaf and hour...." Why would I say that? "...And whats in your hand?" There was a peice of scrap paper.