chapter 9

Bryan POV

looking at the tall framed glass in Damian's bedroom, I knotted my purple tie firmly, as i adjusted my black suit, pulling out one of my shoes, I sat down at the edge of the huge bed to wear it.

The door opened to reveal Damian's tall figure standing at the entrance, his brown eyes shined brightly as his lips curled into a smile when he sighted me.

"Hey, buddy, you haven't told me where you are off to" he gave a small gesture at my image "all dressed up like this" he continued.

Damian is a childhood friend, he lives on the same street with the hotel,we stayed together at a time when we where younger and he knows everything about my past and present, apart from Anne.
I haven't told him about her yet and this is not the right time

"Just going out" I replied with a shrug

"I can see that bro, but where exactly?"

"Do you have to know my every move?" Damian was a very persistent friend, it was always easy for him to get things out of me whenever he wanted to.

"Yes man." He said still smiling

"It is not important"

"Oh, i can see its very important, for you to get a new suit and all" he winked "and that's the reason am asking"

"Am going out for dinner"

He waited for me to continue and when I didn't, he pressed " with?"

"Someone you don't know" I snapped as I got up to check myself again.

Through the mirror I could see Damian's brows coming together in a frown.

"Dont tell me this is one of your 'use and dump' chicks"

"I Don't know, and Don't ask me any more questions" I walked pass him "I will be leaving now, see you when I get back"

********

I unlocked the door and walked into the living room, Anne was no where in sight. I could hear some sounds coming from the bedroom.

She might still be dressing up

I took a brief glance at my watch, 4:40, standing by the window, I waited patiently for her.

Within minutes, I heard the bedroom door open from behind, and I turned to see Anne gloriously walk into the living room.

She looked so beautiful, I was short of words. The black gown fitted her perfectly, bringing out her every curves, and those long legs of hers where driving me crazy.

I gave out a short cough and dragged my eyes back to the window
"Are you ready to go?" I asked her

"Yes" she muttered from behind

And then we set out

*******

"Bryan Scott?" A waitress asked as we entered the restaurant, I nodded

"Over here" she gestured to our reserved table, very close to the window.

The restaurant was classic, colourful and extremely beautiful, soft music filled the air, as we walked to our table, we passed other couples having dinner in their own different tables.

Our table was covered with different types of foods,desert and wines -that i ordered-Anne stared at the table in astonishment,

"What.....um....are you sure this is our table?" Her gaze shifted to me, her eyes wide in awe. I smiled and nodded, pulling out her chair for her to sit, before pulling out mine across her and I lowered myself to it