Chapter 32

BRYAN'S POV

I read the shock on Anne's face and I could kill Melinda for what she just said. I shot her a fierce look as i moved closer to Anne "I can explain, it's not like that"

She took a step back "Bray-an's w-I-f-e?" She stammered, her face paled as she starred at me.

what? I have to let her know, because its obvious she doesn't

"Melinda!" I barked, I stretched to take Anne's hand but she shrugged me off.

"really? You are married? Wow" her eyes became teary

"Babe I can explain this." She turned and stormed off before I could finish. "what on earth was that about?!"I turned to Melinda

"what was what about honey? Are we not married?"

I grabbed her arm, led her up to my room and shut the door

"we are not married!"

Her hand flew to my check in a very seductive way "honey how can you say that? We have been together for a very long time now, dont you think its time to take things further? her hand going down to my chest and yes, Dad is in town now, he asked us to set the wedding date and let him know" she spread her palms flat, seductively rubbing my nipples.

"what do you mean by that ? I never told you we were getting married, we are just childhood friends Melinda, nothing else between us" I pulled her hand away

Her eyes flash red "but you promised to marry me! Even our parent approved of it"

"that was when we were still kids, my parent are dead now remember? My sister is gone, last thing on my mind now is marriage! And definitely not with you!"

"You cant do this to me Bryan , I got us a set of matching rings" she waved the ring on her finger at me

"I never asked you to, now can you please leave? Thats my girlfriend you saw earlier and she obviously doesnt like these games you are playing."

Her eyes widened "you have a girlfriend?"I nod "thats unlike you, I thought I was the only one for you Bryan, I take care of everything for you even your business and other private matters!"

"you are a good friend, a close one at that, but thats all you have been, I tell you that all the time"

"Am not going to leave here, its late already, I will spend the night in your room!" she moved to the bed dropped her purse and lay down

She has always been a stubborn one so I wasnt surprised "okay you can spend the night but at a guest room, there are six guest rooms here you can choose the one you like"

"am sleeping in your room!"

Shaking my head I left her there and walked out of the room closing the door behind me, I will sleep in Annes room then. Thats if she will let me

********

ANNES POV

I hurried back into my room and locked the door,my legs grew weaker and I slumped to the ground, trying to catch my breath with my right hand on my chestI couldnt stop the tears from flowing freely.

Oh God what have I gotten myself into

"Anne?!"Bryan called out behind the door, he then knocked.

I stood up, cleaned my eyes properly before opening the door "what do you want?"

"Babe, am sorry, its really not what it seems like ."

I took a step a back from him refusing his touch when he tried, "are you here to lie to me more?"

"we are not married!"