Chapter 9 - Friends or Enemies? (UPDATED)

15th February 2015

It had been over a month since I started dating Jim. I loved him so much - when he went away on business it killed me slightly inside. I woke up that morning to the sound of Jim shouting at the TV. I loved it when he did that. I got out of bed and ran downstairs to get breakfast. When I got to the kitchen I started to look through the cupboards for any food I could find when, as I reached up, I felt a pair of hands snake round my hips and warm breath on my neck.

"Good morning kitten" He whispered in my ear as he grabbed a box of cereal from over my shoulder. He placed his cold hands on my bare arms and I shivered at the coldness of his touch.

"Good morning," I said, "I need to shower," 

"Well so do I, let me join you?" he asked innocently. After the quick shower and put on jeans and a shirt. Jim walked out to his office and as he left, I saw a text message alert on my phone and opened it. It was from Sherlock. It read:

'Charli I know that we haven't talked but I really need to tell you something important. So please come over now and I can tell you face to face. Please.
-SH'

I put my phone down on the dresser and sat on the bed, head in my hands thinking about what to do next. There was only one thing I could think of, I grabbed my phone and a gun and put them in a little red bag. I walked into Jim's office giving him a quick kiss and said "Honey I'm going into town to meet with my friends. I'll be back in 3 hours max." I said, he nodded and then I left. 

One hour later

I arrived at Sherlock's and knocked on the door to 221b Baker Street. Mrs Hudson opened the door and gave me a hug. And I followed her up to Sherlock's apartment. I walked in and he sat up, pointing for me to sit on the couch. I noticed his leg was still wrapped up - that must have been John's work. 

"Charli, I have to tell you something it's about Moriarty." He said, "I don't want you falling in love with someone who's capable to kill someone without a second thought, OK!" He said.

"Sherlock, I appreciate you worrying about me and I'm sorry for all the hurt I may have caused you but I'm in love with Moriarty and no one can change my mind I'm sorry Sherlock truly but I have to go!" I said as I stood up and left.

"No you have to listen to me, you can't be with him you have to be with me. I'm losing my mind over here. I'm taking drugs. John's spiralling over me but I just need you here." 

"No. You don't decide my outcome in this story. I have found someone who cares for even just one person other than themselves. Is he dangerous? Yes. Does he love me and would do anything to keep me safe? Yes. This is my choice." I paused by the door, "You know, John really cares about you, listen to him, that's my parting gift." I said before leaving. 

I then walked into town, went into a couple of stores and picked out a black dress and some red shoes to go with it. I then took a cab back to our place.