" "

Incoming text from unknown contact: Is this the shy boy in the red vest?

Jimin: Glad you didn't throw away the receipt.

Nari: I would never! I had to check the receipt thoroughly to make sure you didn't forget to add the gift card I threw in the pile when you paid for my food, which was v delicious btw.

Jimin: Wait you added a gift card?! I didn't even see it omg I'm so sorry!

Nari: I'm joking, shy boy. I wouldn't ever use your money like that.

Jimin: Good haha. Well you should probably get to sleep soon, I'll let you go.

Nari: You're getting rid of me already?

Jimin: I don't want to keep you up! You need sleep!

Nari: Before you go, how about we hang out somewhere not under florescent lights or surrounded by junk food?

Jimin: Are you asking me out on a date?  MESSAGE DELETED.

Jimin:  What if I like the way you look under the florescent lights? MESSAGE DELETED.

Jimin: That'd be cool. MESSAGE
DELETED.

Nari: You've been typing for quite a while, everything alright? You can say no...

Jimin: Yes!

Nari: Yes, everything is alright, or yes you'll hang out with me?

Jimin: Yes to both.

Nari: Oh, well good. I'll text you later then. Thanks for the dinner :)

Jimin: My pleasure, see you later! :)

Jimin closed his messaging app, heart fluttering with joy. He was soaring, he was flying-- he felt alive.
He was left excited and anxious for the hundredth time since meeting her. She changed the way his heart beat, the way he breathed, the color of his face, even the feeling in his fingertips. He always spent an unhealthy amount thinking of her everyday, and he knew it. She consumed his mind like a disease, only it was a disease that he never wanted the cure of.
He never wanted it to stop.

At least that's what he thought.