new job

Jimin woke up in his bed and stared at the ceiling for a while. He sat up and stretched. After eating breakfast, he grabbed his phone and texted Nari.

Jimin:  Hey, you still up for that job search party?

A few minutes later her reply came.

Nari: Duh! Come over ASAP and we'll get to work. :)

Jimin smiled at her enthusiasm. Lately, he was smiling a lot. 

And it wasn't because of quitting his crappy job. 

He grabbed his coat and keys and made his way to her place. He parked in the lot behind her building, and knocked on her door.

She opened it a few moments later in a matching pajama set. An oversized grey shirt that made her red shorts barely visible. Both items were covered in polka dots and made her look adorable.

It reminded him of the first time she came in the store.

"Hope you don't mind that I'm still in pj's. I'm not the biggest morning person." She said with a welcoming smile.

"Not at all. I enjoy seeing your wide variety of pajamas." Jimin stepped inside, winking.

They both sat on the couch, and Nari pulled open her laptop.

"I already bookmarked a few places looking for help. Places similar to the convenience store, just easy money, no prerequisites, you know." She said. 

Jimin nodded. She read off the list.

"This place down the street is looking for a waiter." She looked up at Jimin. 

"Well I'm pretty clumsy. I might drop the food, like, a lot." He smiled shyly and scratched his neck.

She laughed. "Oh right, forgot about that."

"Alright, next. The animal shelter needs employees to clean the cages and play with the cats!" She said hopefully.

"I'm allergic to cats." Jimin said sadly.

She shook her head. "You are a difficult child."

"Alright, there's this little diner that serves old people and annoying teenagers that needs dishwashers. What about that?"

"That sounds... not terrible." Jimin shrugged.

"Not bad pay either. We can go in tomorrow and ask about it."

"Wait, we?" Jimin asked, his face twisting into confusion, motioning back and forth between him  and Nari.

"Yeah, who do you think is applying for the job with you?" She said with with a grin on her face as she wiggled her eyebrows at him. 

"What if I get the job and you don't?" Jimin smirked, wiggling his eyebrows back at her.

She slapped him on the arm. "Hey!"

They laughed together, and as their laughs subsided, their connection seem to just grow larger.

"I'll send the guy an email letting him know we're interested." Nari mumbled, already starting to organize the email. 

Jimin was overjoyed to have the opportunity to work with Nari. The only way he could see her regularly was when he was working, and this way it would be like nothing changed. 

He smiled at her slightly, watching her face turn into a look of concentration as she stared at the laptop, with no idea of Jimin watching her. 

They would be together once again. 

Finally.