blueberry yogurt II

Jimin finished another week of work. The time now went faster.
He wasn't sure if it was because he had now found Nari, or he was getting used to his job, or both.
Nari often texted and visited as usual. Jimin wasn't sure what they were or where there friendship headed, but he sort of liked that. They didn't have to be labelled.
They were their very own version, sort of like a no name brand.
Jimin wasn't stressed out about it, in fact, Jimin felt simply at ease with everything in his life.

Finally.

It was a Friday, and Nari didn't come in that night. Jimin sent her a text asking if she wanted to come down before he clocked out, but got no response. He decided it might be a good idea to bring her something instead.
He locked the front door, and bought her a blueberry yogurt, hoping she would find it as funny as he did.

In case she wasn't home, he attached a sticky note to the lid saying, "Missed you tonight! Enjoy :)".
He hoped he wouldn't wake her if she was sleeping. He looked at his sent text again, seeing that it still wasn't read. He found that slightly strange but shrugged it off as he closed up the shop and headed out.
He swallowed the rest of his doubt as he walked towards her house and knocked on the door. He heard mumbling from the inside of the door, and Jimin perked up with curiosity.
It took her a while to answer the door.
Nari suddenly poked her head out after what seemed like an eternity, looking up and down at Jimin with eyes wider and more alert than a midnight owl.

"Uh, hey! Is everything alright?" Jimin asked, his tone clearly concerned.

"Yeah, Jimin-"

She was cut off by a male voice from inside.

"Who is it, babe?" The voice boomed from the back of her apartment, which Jimin vaguely remembered to be where her bedroom was.

His heart rate quickened, then slowly came to a stop as he realized.

"No one! I'm coming!" Nari called back to the voice.

No one?

Jimin couldn't speak all of a sudden.

He heard another pair of footsteps approach as Nari tried to keep them from coming into sight, but Jimin already knew.
He didn't need to see his face to know who lied behind that door.
She sighed in defeat as a man with a familiar face opened the door fully.

Joowon, Nari's ex-boyfriend stood tall in the doorway.

Jimins hands automatically clenched as he squeezed his fist around the yogurt, causing it to explode through the lid, and splatter onto his shirt.
He gasped loudly and stepped back, looking at what a mess he made. He looked up and made eye contact with Nari, who looked sympathetic, and almost pitiful at him, which made him want to scream until his voice cracked dry.

"Sorry, I...I gotta go." Jimin threw the yogurt cup on the ground and ran off behind her building to his car.

He dropped his body against the seat and slammed the door shut. He gripped the steering wheel tight as hot tears pooled at his eyes. He felt so used, so weak.
How could Nari be back together with him? After becoming so close to Jimin so quickly, he thought for sure they were over. After all, she talked lowly of him the night she was drunk, he would think she would be strong enough to move on.
Maybe she's not as strong as he thought her to be.
Maybe, she's not even who she portrays to be.
Maybe, Jimin didn't even know who she was.
Maybe, this was just puppy love.

Jimin didn't even know anything anymore. All that made sense in his mind was the mere thought of her lowering her standards just to be in a half-assed relationship sickened him.
He took a few deep shaky breaths and started his car, making his way home down the dark paths of the night. He threw off his clothes and collapsed into bed, not caring about anything, praying for numb sleep to wash over him, and not the once beautiful, but now horrible nightmares of Nari.