Chapter 3

**Hours later**

After hours of torturous shopping they had forced me to buy two things. A dress, and heels. Now if there are two things that I hate in this world it would be dresses and heeled shoes. Just leave me a sweatshirt with a pair of tennis shoes and I will be happy.

When we got back to my house they dragged me upstairs quickly all mumbling something about 'not having time'. I knew what they were rushing for but why were they so worried about a freaking surprise party? They literally pushed me into my room and shut the door behind me. I frantically tried to open the door, only to realize that they had blocked it with something big and heavy. I sighed and walked over to my bed to find a note.

February 10th, 2013

Kay,

Happy birthday bitch! Now change into your dress. And yes you have to wear the heels! When you are done knock 10 times on the door. And don't even try lying we all know how long it takes you to change.

Love,

Rachel and the bitches

I walked over to the bags with my dress and shoes, and strolled over to my bathroom. I slipped off my clothes and pulled the tight red dress over my head. It had a three-quarter lace sleeve with a deep v-neck and a full lace back. So I felt just a bit exposed. I don't like clothing like this but, they had insisted I wear it. I would prefer a big 'ol sweatshirt and a pair of jeans.

I put on the 4 inch matching red heals and straightened my light brown hair. I didn't feel like putting on makeup so I just skipped that part and walked over to the door. I knocked 10 times as instructed and I heard something moving across the ground before the door squeaked open.

"Damn girl you look hot."

"Thanks Rach now can I please come out now? I'm feeling claustrophobic in here." I whined

"Just a sec. Here put this on." She handed me a black blindfold and smiled innocently at me. I motioned for her to do it for me and she tied it around my eyes.

"Just act surprised okay Kay? I know that you've known all day but, your brother is really trying to make this day special for you." she pleaded.

"Don't worry Rach I know."

She started us down the stairs and after me almost falling three times we finally reached the bottom.

I heard her heels click away as she scurried to the center of the living room and most likely to the other people attending the party.

"Okay Kay! Uncover your eyes!" she yelled from the other side of the room.

I reached behind my head and untied the knot in the blindfold removing it from my face.

"SURPRISE!!!!!!!! HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY KAYLA!!!!!" everyone I knew yelled. I smiled wide and acted the part. I was happy don't get me wrong, just very very uncomfortable. I hated being the center of attention.

My brother stepped up and pulled me into a bone crushing hug. I laughed as he picked me up before putting me back down and releasing me.

"Love you Justin."

"Love you too shorty." he smiled. I scoffed and let his teasing go for just tonight.

I scurried through the crowd hugging people left and right barely taking breaks to breathe. I eventually got through the crowd and walked into the kitchen and up to the fully stocked bar.

I went behind the counter and fixed myself a vodka cranberry, before sitting at one of the bar stools. I turned the stool around to face the party and quietly sipped my drink as I watched the huge mound of people dance to the pounding music. Then everything shifted as I caught sight of him on the other side of the room.

He stood leaning against the wall directly opposite of me staring in my direction. I shifted in my seat and looked down at my drink uncomfortably under his gaze, trying to tell myself that he was most likely looking at someone dancing. I looked up through my eyelashes to see him staring directly at me. Ryan lifted his hand motioning me to him after he caught me looking at him. I tried to motion "no" to him but, even from the distance between us I could see his eyes darken.

I discreetly put my drink down on the bar and walked over to him. As soon as I reached him he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me around the corner and down a dark hallway into a guest room. I tried to hold my ground or even scream, but he held his hand over my mouth and he was much stronger than me.

He pushed me into the room before him and locked the door after he had entered.

"RYAN WHAT THE HELL!" I screamed. His back was still to me as his body stiffened and he started taking deep breathes. He turned to face me and his regularly bright blue eyes were a dark navy that chilled the room.

"Kayla Adams what the fuck are you wearing?" I cowered back as his eyes pierced mine. Every step I took backwards he took two closer to me.

"Look Ryan I am 18 years old I can wear whatever I want, without being scolded like a ten year old I might add."

I continued to back up until my back hit a wall. Shit. He walked up to me until we were not even an inch apart. Even with my heels he still was at lease five inches taller than me.

He put his fists on either side of my shoulders holding me captive. He leaned down to my neck and my heart beat picked up rapidly as I felt his hot breath trickle down my spine. He moved his lips to my ear and I shuddered as they brushed against my ear.

"Do you have any idea how hard it is to control my temper when I see you skipping around innocently in this tight piece of fabric as every man in the fucking room drools over you." He whispered aggressively. I scoffed at his ridiculousness and tried to push him off of me.

He didn't budge and instead of moving away and letting me go, he pinned me up to the wall with his body and did a throaty chuckle into my ear.

"You don't believe me do you? You don't realize the affect you have on men... You don't realize the affect you have on me." he whispered softly.

He pulled back and looked into my eyes. His beautiful blues were softer now and held an emotion that I didn't recognize. Then he shook his head and looked down. His eyes scanned my body slowly making me feel exposed. When his eyes finally met mine the look was gone and replaced with something harder.

"Kayla have you kissed anyone since me?" I froze at his question and looked down at my feet. What did he want me to say? I know that he has kissed other girls, I mean I saw him do it. Sometimes he would do it right in front of me.

Yes, I have kissed other guys.... during spin the bottle and truth or dare. I did have one boyfriend named Tommy and we kissed, but none of them felt like it had with Ryan.

"Kayla answer me. Has anyone else kissed you?" He moved his hands from the wall to cup my face and force me to meet his eyes.

"Y-yes." I stuttered. His eyes got darker yet his hold on my face didn't change. Just when I thought he was going to snap, he smirked.

"They weren't as good as me were they." he asked smugly. I scoffed and tried to play off his question. How was I supposed to answer that? 'Yes it's true Ryan you are the best kisser that I have ever known.' Well no. I refuse to let him have this effect on me.

"Actually they were better. Now then if you don't mind I have a party to get to." I strongly stated and pushed him off of me. His face held it's expression of utter shock as I walked out the door.

The only thought on my mind as I entered back into the party was:

Thank god I didn't stutter like I usually do when I lie.