Chapter 9

I couldn't sleep.

All I could think about was
f*cking Ryan Andrews.

Asshole.

Even though I hated the thought of his possessive controlling behavior, I couldn't get the feeling of his hands out of my mind. I started to feel moisture pool between my legs at the thoughts running through my mind.

I need a bible and some freaking holy water.

I trailed my hand down my body and reluctantly pushed it past my sweatpants and panties to the source of the wetness. I attempted to imitate Ryan's movements from earlier on, but it just didn't feel right.

For the second time that day I was craving a cigarette.

Unfortunately Ryan had taken away all of the ones I had stashed at home so I had no choice but to get out of bed and slip on some shoes. I was eighteen years old now and I had the ability to go out and buy my own cigarettes.

I'm not addicted to them, they have just been a way for me to calm myself down when I was either overthinking or freaking out for some other reason.

I grabbed the keys to my red 2010 Volkswagen Beetle, and slowly started to creep out of my room and down the stairs towards the front door. I quickly peeked over to the living room luckily not seeing Ryan.

I quickly scurried towards the front door opening it quickly and slipping out into the dark night. I pulled my phone out of my red hoodies jacket and glanced down at the time while walking towards my car.

It was 2:30 in the morning on a Saturday night, in the middle of February in Southern Michigan. It was cold as shit and I was only wearing my worn down thin hoodie and my sweatpants. A particularly cold gust nearly blew me over as I started running the rest of the short distance to my car.

I looked over and saw that Ryan's black car was still here, but I just shook it off and got into my car, convincing myself that he must have gone into the guest bedroom or something.

I was shuffling around with my keys when I saw a small orange flame right to the left of my car. Then as I stared at it longer I realized it was the last person I wanted to see at the moment, and he was strutting towards my car with a cigarette resting between his lips.

I could feel his glare burning through me as he flicked his cigarette away.
I quickly put the key In the ignition and started it up, but it was too late Ryan had already opened the door and sat in the passenger seat.

"Where do you think you're going Kayla Adams? It's not safe for a girl like you to go out alone at this time of night." he questioned burning me under his suspicious gaze.

I ignored his interrogation and told him to get the hell out of my car, but he refused profusely.

Fine play it that way Ryan.

"Fine. Buckle up." I muttered without giving him the ability to reply before pulling out of the driveway and pulling out onto the street.

"Kayla where the hell are we going?!" Ryan yelled and I flinched at his anger, but he is the one that insisted on staying in my car.

Luckily there weren't many cars out on the streets, so I didn't get caught by any obstructions on my way to the 24-hour gas station.

Ryan seemed to catch on as soon as I pulled into the small station putting the car into park.

"Kayla I swear to god if you are thinking of doing what I'm thinking you are going to get In so much trouble." He growled grabbing my wrist as I opened the door.