☾ THIRTEEN☽

The next few months went by in a blur of school work and Scott, the school year was coming to end. Many kids planned on either going back home or staying here where they were accepted. But either way the place was buzzing with excitement since we were only a week away from the last day of classes. Kids ranging in age were giddy and constantly talking about their plans for the summer, and since the weather was nice outside, most spent their free time outside. And now most were sun kissed happy little mutants running around and groaning about class, that is if they even went to class.

Currently the whole group was lounging outside in the summer heat, Leaning under a large tree that provided enough shade for the lot of us- including Warren, Kurt, Peter, Jean, Jubilee, Ororo, Scott, and me. Our text books and notes scattered everywhere around us as we pretended to be doing our homework, but really when it was so hot outside that your clothes were sticking to you- were you really going to get anything done?

Besides I was perfectly fine not doing my school work as Jean braided my hair and we talked about what we were going to do over the summer, our conversation was far more entertaining than any History homework would ever be.

"My mom said I could only come back home for a month, then I'd have to leave again because my Dad will be back in town and won't approve of me being home" Jubilee talked about her situation to us. Her very animated story telling voice and gestures were leaving the rest of us red faced as we tried to hold our laughter in, but as you could imagine it was rather hard. I could feel the laughter tugging at the corner of my lips as I glanced to Warren and Kurt who both had hands over their mouths, the two had also finally come out and told the rest of us that they were together. Not that we hadn't seen it coming, I mean you don't look at someone the way they looked at each other and not have feelings.

Currently the two were cuddling up next to each other, Kurt leaning his right side into Warrens left while Warren had his arm tossed over Kurts shoulders. The two looking like a poster for cutest couples, you could practically sense that they were still in the honeymoon stage of their relationship. It was nice that there was finally another couple within our friend group, which meant that Scott and I weren't the only ones who were given a hard time.

Scott and I had- of course- grown closer over the last few months. He was still the one I had turned to when I felt the absence of my mutation, which had finally come back- just as the professor said it would. But I don't remember him saying anything about it being more powerful than before, now I could not only sense what others were feeling when they walked into a room, I could now get a flash of their current thoughts. This new feature had left me a
Blushing mess a few times with Scott, though he claims he couldn't help it.

Not only could I sense others thoughts, but now I was able to control when I absorbed the history of objects and people- which meant no gloves still. This by far was my favorite part since I was finally able to touch others without worry, and of course Scott- but he claims he wouldn't have cared.

Also the majority of the group was now in another group called X-Men. Basically since they had cool mutations that allowed them to defend themselves they got to go train for three hours everyday and then go out and fight bad guys in tight yellow suits. Scott's uniform was currently hanging up in my room, it's obnoxious yellow coloring nearly waking me up in the middle of the night because I think it's the sun, but I would never tell him that- he's so proud to wear that uniform whenever duty calls.

I couldn't help but feel rather worried every time he came into my room decked out in his "battle" glasses and his black and yellow suit, giving me a quick kiss goodbye before leaving. I never knew how long he would be gone for, I don't think he even knew. But it always worried me, what if something were to go wrong and he got hurt? Or killed? I don't know what I'd do without Scott by my side.