-CHAPTER TWO : Or, Maybe NOT-

Just then, ShenLong burst into a mighty blast of light, visible to those watching atop the lookout.

   Kami turned to Goku and they locked in a stern stare.
"I'm sorry, Goku, but there is simply nothing i could do... please, forgive me..." the elderly namek almost cried to him.

   Genuinely confused, Goku just blinked at him, "Yeah.., no problem Kami. But do you mind telling me what i just forgave you for?" he asked.

   Kami put his head down, sigh'ing deeply as he took a few steps away, giving Goku his back. Seizing a lung of air, he explained "A person has wished for an entity to rise up and kill you painfully, and it was granted..."

   Goku nearly fell backwards from the shock of the revelation. Regaining his steele, "But if ShenLong's powers can't exceed your powers, how was he able to do that?!" Goku inquired.

"That is correct." said the namek.
"Okay wait, now I'm confused?!" replied Goku.
"That is because," continued the namek, "I did not have to forge a new being; all i had to do was teleport that entity here, to earth." he finished.
"Do i stand any chance?" Goku asked in a serious tone.

   Kami lifted his head and spun around to meet eye contact. Also in a serious tone, he replied "I'm sorry Goku. The wish has been granted."

   Goku's features hardened, fists clinching so tight that his finger nails dug into his palm's. His jaw clinched involuntarily, probably due to spasms brought on by the tension and stress of the devastating news.

"So much for our little plan, Vegeta. Looks like we'll have to take a rain check on our little vacation." Goku finally said.

...

   Vegeta was nowhere to be found. Shocked and surprised, Goku reached out to feel for his energy, and still found nothing. He turned once more to Kami, who was now a few yards away, looking over the edge of the lookout; watching over the earth.

"Kami, did you see where Vegeta went? I didn't even hear him leave, and now i can't sense his energy anywhere either." asked Goku.

   There was a long and still pause, which made Goku start to feel uneasy, causing him to shift on his feet.
"Kami?" he asked, as though he couldn't see the person standing right in front of him.

   Kami let out a deep sigh, and looking at Goku one last time, said "I am sorry, Goku."