Chapter 12

When Dawnpaw got to where the screech came from she realized it was Brightpaw. Two foxes had surrounded her at the base of a tree and she was bleeding heavily from many wounds. Badgerclaw let out a yowl of anger and leaped forward raking his claws down a foxes flank. She ran forward to help Badgerclaw slashing her claws sown the foxes flank. She looked over and realized she should be helping brightpaw who was fighting valiently against one of the foxes. Suddenly she saw the fox start to strike and shee realized with sickening horror that it looked like it would go down her face.

" watch out" she screeched jumping over to help her but by then it was too late. Brightpaw let out a scream of agony as blood poured from her eye. Dawnpaw slashed at the foxes flank. The fox turned around and snarled but she dodged it, going to bite down hard on its tail. The fx let out a yelp and fled its tail streaming out behind it. She rushed over to Brightpaw who was laying on the ground, whimpering. She heard a squel and saw the fox Badgerclaw had been fighting take off. " what should I do" she asked.

"Go get Mapleleaf" He ordered. She nodded and took off, when she entered the camp she dashed to Mapleleaf's den, ignoring all the questions. She burst into the den, panting.

"What's wrong" Mapleleaf asked.

"Brightpaw's really hurt we need you" she panted.

Mapleleaf nodded and quickly gathered some herbs.

" Show me where she is" Mapleleaf ordered when they left camp. Dawnpaw nodded and raced over her hesrt pounding in her chest. When she arrived a patrol had gathered with concered and bewildered looks while Badgerclaw frantically explained what happened. Adderpaw hd bent over his sister seeming to whisper to her comfertingly. The patrol cleared off giving her space and Adderpaw relctuntaly did when Mapleleaf asked him to. She waited anxiously while Mapleleaf examined Brightpaw. She quickly put some cobwebs on Brightpaws eye before annoucing they needed to get back to camp. Cats rushed forward clamoring to help het and Mapleleaf finally chose Adderpaw,Blackstripe,Frogleap, and Leopardclaw. Dawnpaw padded beside the rest cats and looked over at Adderpaw who's eyes looked afraid and worried as he carried Brightpaw. I can't imagine how he feels she thought. As they made their way back to camp she wondered if Brightpaw would be okay and what was wrong. When they made it back to camp Marshstar and Beechleaf hurried forward. " what happened" marshstar demanded.

"Brightpaw got hurt I was bringing her back to camp to help her more" Mapleleaf explained.

Badgerclaw stepped fprward and started to explain what had happened with the foxes as Mapleleaf took Brightpaw away. Dawnpaw turned around as she heard Windpaw and Hazelpaw hurrying towards her. " what happened to Brightpaw" she asked. When dawnpaw explained what happened Windpaw gasped.

"Thats horrible" hazelpaw agreed.

"Do you think I could see her" Windpaw meowed.

"I am not sure you could ask Mapleleaf' she suggested.

As Windpaw walked away Dawnpaw stood in silence for a moment before she noticed Amberleaf coming over to them. She meowed a hello and after a couple heartbeats of hestiation she asked, " Is Brightpaw going to be okay" She asked.

" I honestly don't know" She admitted.

Dawnpaw sat there in silence for a heartbeat before Windpaw came back.

"Did you get to see her" she asked. Windpaw shook her head but looked back to her and asked, "she'll be okay though right?"

Dawnpaw stood there in silence for a few heartbeats but it was enough, Windpaws tail drooped and sadnees flashed over her eyes. " I am going to go to my nest" She meowed despondently.

"No Windpaw I didn't mean that I ma sure she will be okay" she meowed. But Windpaw had already made it to her den and her tail drooped. Mousebrain she thought. Amberleaf came over and tried to console her as well as Hazelpaw but she just waved them off feeling guilt and sadness weighing on her.

Hi guys I am so sorry I am changing everything up so much but I didn't plan very well in the beginning so now i have to edit a lot but anyways hope you enjoy this chapter also a shoutout to if you want you can go follow her