Chapter 40

Adrien stared blankly at the brightly light Christmas tree. Not saying anything or doing anything.  The class in the doorway watching his actions along with the two Kwamis. Adrien didn't shave so he has a small beard while his hair has grown longer. His eyes started to grew with tears and he turned away from the tree and ran up to his room and slammed the door.

"I'll go check on him." Nino sighed and walked up to Adriens room. He knocked on the door but got no answer. "Adrien, dude, you okay?" No answer. "I'm coming in." Nino walked inside the room, and saw it for the first time in what felt like forever with light. He saw Adrien looking out the window and sighed. "Adrien-"

"Six weeks." The class crowded by the doorway.

"What?" Nino walked closed to him.

"Six weeks, since Marinettes gone missing." Adrien turned to Nino.  "That's a month and a half." He turned back to the window.

"O-oh." Nino didn't know he was keeping time.

Adrien laughed. "If I stayed with her she would be here with us instead of rotting in a cage somewhere."

"Adrien no one could've stopped this from-"

"Yes." Adrien raised his voice then calmed down. "We could've stopped this and it's my fault for not being there for her."

"It's no ones fault-"

"It's my fault! I'm her husband and I let her get taken away again! I've lost her enough times and now I can barely stomach this time! If I had just stayed with her then she wouldn't had been taken!" Hot tears streamed out of his eyes.

"Adrien, dude she'll be fine-"

"How do you know that!"

"I don't! But you just need to hope that she's okay."

"I do hope! I hope and I pray that she'll come back to me but none of its working, Nino." Adrien stopped himself from crying and emotionally shut down faster then anyone has ever seen before. "I've lost her."

Marinette~~

"Tell me his identity!" Hawkmoth yelled at her. She started to forget it the more he asked.

"I don't know!" She yelled back. Hawkmoth groaned and snapped his head to the side and Blanc drew his knife across her cheek. Marinette winced in pain. "Stop it!"

The door opened and closed. "You heard her." Misfortune crossed her arms and walked towards them.

Hawkmoth glared at her while she stud her ground. "And why should we listen to you, or her."

"Because if she dies you've lost your way of finding out Chat and without me you've lost a valuable resource."

"You just got us in. We don't need you anymore."

"Oh so you don't need me to tell you Adriens emotional state? Or how everyone back at that god forsaken house is on a worldwide a hunt for her? Or how they have presents under a tree with her name on them."

"So?" Blanc snorted.

"So? So! They miss her! Adriens on the verge of killing himself, the manhunts growing closer to us and the presents! They had me wrap them! A diamond necklace! A baby blanket!"

"Why should we care?" Blanc laughed.

"All I'm saying is that if we don't give her back soon then we'll be worse then dead."

Marinette looked at Misfortune with pleading eyes, well eye since one was swollen. "Please, let me go back home."

"Tell us his identity and we might!" Blanc yelled at her and she flinched, a small tear rolling down her cheek.

"I don't remember!" Since his name was mentioned so much, all she could remember was Chat Noir. Well, she couldn't forget her own husband and roommates but slowly she was forgetting their faces.

"Tell us!"

"I don't know!" Marinette yelled as the tears came down her face faster.

Hawkmoth groaned and he and Blanc looked at Misfortune who was filing her nails and leaning against the wall. "Why're you looking at me?"

"You said you can tell when people are lying or not."

"Yeah so?"

"Is she lying?"

Misfortune sighed and walked over to Marinette and studied her face. "She's telling the truth. We made her forget you idiots." Misfortune groaned and walked back to the wall.

"Great."

"Bring her back to Adrien. I swear he's going to kill himself soon." She kept filing her nails.

"In time." Hawkmoth walked out of the room and slammed the door behind himself.

"Drama queen." Marinette muttered to herself.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*cough**cough* One chapter left *cough*

I got news after it so ye