Chapter 9

Adrien got off of the jet and found the person with the sign waiting for him up front by the door of the airport. He wanted to be back in Paris with his Princess and their growing child but wasn't and hated his Father for making him come here. He followed they outside and to a limo and got in. He watched as trees passed by the window and soon were outside of the mansion he was going to stay at with two other people. He thanked the driver and walked in.

"You must be Adrien!"  A tall girl with auburn hair going down to her hips smiled at him. Her skin ivory and emerald eyes. She wore blue jean overalls that ended mid thigh on her. Instead of a shirt she wore a strapless bra to cover up there, knee high white socks and black tennis shoes. She ran down the stairs and shook Adriens hand. "I'm Jolene Reed and I'm from Colorado!"

"In America?" She nodded.

"It's nice to meet ya Adrien! Max has been grumpy 'round here so maybe you can fix that up!"

"I don't know how I could fix that but I just want to sleep." Adrien grumbled and Jolene rolled her eyes.

"I'll show you 'round." He followed her on her tour around the mansion. She told him every part of the house, front to back before she showed him the bedrooms. "This is my room." She opened the door and it showed a queen sized bed in the middle of the room agains the wall, a desk in the corner of the room next to the bathroom door and a dresser and closet door on the other side of the room. On the foot of her bed was a couch and across from it was a Tv. They walked down the hall and Adrien slouched. "This is your room." He walked in and put his bags on his bed and collapsed on the sofa. "You ain't sleeping yet! I have to show you Max's room!" Adrien groaned but got up and followed her to Max's room. She knocked on the door and when there was no answer bursted in through the door.

"Jesus Christ Jolene!" Max yelled as he fell off of his bed from his midday nap. She ran over and opened the blinds and he blinked a few times before his eyes adjusted. He wore black yoga pants and no shirt showing off his various tattoos on his chest, arms and back. He stood up while she opened the rest of the blinds and walked over to Adrien. "I'm Max Harts, you must be Adrien Agreste?"

"Yeah I am." He shook his hand.

"My sister Riley has told me about you and that you two are a fake item. Is this true?"

"Y-yes. My Father put us together for a publicity stunt." He nervously laughed. "Nice tattoos."

"Thank you." Max smiled and Jolene laughed. "What Jolene?"

She sat at his computer going through his emails. "You and your sister are so nerdy."

"Stop going through my stuff!" He ran over to her and she jumped out of the chair and ran down the hall. He groaned and sat at the computer and fixed everything she messed up. "She tends to go through your things. Unless you want her knowing every tiny little detail about yourself, protect your stuff." He showed Adrien the computer screen and Adrien race down the hallway to his room. Max laughed and turned the computer back to himself and got out food and watched the security camera he hacked into in Adriens room.

Adrien bolted through the door just as Jolene started to unzip his bag. "You're no fun." Jolene laughed as he took his bags form her and put them by his dresser. She got a text message and smiled.

"What're you smiling about?" Adrien raised a brow at her.

"My guy friend sent me a cute picture!" She stuck her tongue out. "Don't you have a girlfriend?"

Adrien groaned and face planted into a blue pillow on his bed. "I didn't get to say sorry." He muffled into the pillow and Jolene groaned.

"Not you too! There are enough grumps around here!" She groaned again as Adrien moved a pillow on top of his head and muffled into more. She moved the pillow. "What happened?" Adrien tilted his head to the side.

"I got in a fight with my girlfriend and was forced to leave before I could say sorry." He groaned and turned his head into the pillow. Jolene groaned and left the room and went into Max's and collapsed on his bed.

"Did you see?"

"Oh course I saw." Max laughed. "Wanna watch him?" Jolene jolted up and Max laughed. He grabbed the computer and they say on the couch at the foot of his bed and watched.

Adrien groaned and turned to his back and faced the ceiling. He went through his bag until he found his phone. He dialed her number and hovered his thumb over the call button before closing his eyes and pressing it. He sat up and held the phone to his ear as it rang. "You've reached Marinette. Leave a message at the beep. Hehe." Adrien groaned and hung up. He hung his head and held his phone in his hand.

"I'm so sorry Marinette. Please forgive me." He mumbled to himself.

Jolene pursed her lips before being hit with an idea. "We should go show him a good time! Take his mind off of this!"

"Okay Jolene. What's your idea?" Max laughed.