Chapter 16: Violet Ocean Breeze

The plastic sphere sits on an island’s beach. The new ruler instructed his followers to drag this peculiar structure onto this island and lock it in place. The sphere looks as if it is sitting next to the island instead of on it. The drills attached to the lower part of the sphere help to keep it locked in place as best as they can. This mobile island travels during the day and sits still at night. Lorent is the new leader.

 He believes that the ocean currents are stronger and more unpredictable at night. This belief leads him to think of the future problems that the land can incur. His straight, shoulder-length hair blows as he stands on the balcony of his apartment. His father used to rule this land. His father’s name was Hearth. Hearth took over after he suspected the former king, that murdered his colleagues because he wanted all of the power, was a persecutor.

 Lorent remembers when he was nine years old. He heard Doctor Ganashbe’s speech. He got the shots. He wanted to be part of the royal family from that day onward. He told his father what he wanted for his birthday. Father, I want to be part of the royal family.

My father nodded his head. Two years after that discussion, he became a prince of Ganjo. I felt like I was in a dream. Then the humans came with their submarines, ammunition, and artillery. They saw this new land and wanted to confiscate it. They wanted to make it their own land, but the Black Veil Cult released a thick, massive black mist that hovered above and throughout the land for two days.

 The citizens of tGanjo hid in linked barracks located beneath the top layer of the land. It had water, toilets, towels, and a year’s stock of dried food. There were enough supplies for all citizens. Sadly, mother and sister were shot to death when the humans began to invade. When the mist dissipated, the surviving citizens heard the gun shots and the screams. The humans killed each other, but the war was not over.

Guards left the barracks to check the upper layer of Ganjo and see if it was safe. They saw another wave of violent humans invading the land with gas masks on their faces. Father took two large green needles from his pocket before my eyes. He found them underneath files in the doctor’s desk. He took the plastic cover off of one of the needles and punctured his left arm. Then emptied all of its liquid into his vein and proceeded to do the same with the other arm. Then he saw me looking at him.

“Hopefully this works.” Father said to me and released the liquid into his right arm. He dropped the needles onto the floor and squelched a horrifying yell. His voice got heavier and a gurgling sound left his mouth. His eyes blinked swiftly as they rolled around in his eye sockets. All of their movements were synchronized.

 I reached for one of the needles and he pushed me. I was pushed through the air and my body bent into a sitting position. My body hit a wall and bounced off of it. I fainted afterwards. When I woke, father and the needles were gone. I asked the citizens I met outside the room about his location. They hesitated to tell me, at first. Then someone told me what happened during the hours that I was unconscious. My father repelled all of them with a clear force field.

The force field did not discriminate; it pushed all bodies that housed plasma into the sea. If anyone was too close to him they were crushed by the pressure of the translucent field. His eyes used to be brown but they turned dark purple. He saw all of the people and the guards fall into the sea. His eyelids opened as far as they could when he realized that he was hurting his guards as well. He walked off the edge of Ganjo expecting to meet his death, but he did not die. He fell into the sea and a water bubble lifted him to the surface of the water.

He saw the human ships and he was angry. He held his breath and swam beneath the surface of the water. He closed his eyes and thought about pushing the humans away. A force was released from his being.