Chapter 7: Vague Surprise

"Can you walk?" Amalium asks. "Yes," the girl says as she nods her head. She gets up and Amalium begins to walk back to the hospital. After he walks by some trees, he looks back and sees the girl walking slowly.

"Can you walk faster than that?" Amalium asks her as she approaches him. She ignores him and walks past him. The guy with the straitjacket jumps off of a tree branch and pulls the girl by her arm. Her shoulder joint slips back into place and she screams.

She falls to the ground and rocks from side to side holding her arm. Amalium tries to tackle the guy, but he dodges his attack. Amalium is getting angry. Black spikes grow from the palms of his hands. He slices and stabs the air as the guy keeps dodging his attacks.

The guy grabs one of Amalium's spikes and it wraps around his arm. It punctures the area just under his elbow and Amalium slams his hands on the ground. A black spike connects to the ground and the base of the busy spike connects to the ground. It pulls the guy to the ground and the other spike emerges from the ground. It wraps around the guy's left leg puncturing under the knee.

"No." The girl says. Amalium furrows his eyebrows as she hugs the guy that tried to take her away. The guy that she wanted a break from is being comforted by her. Amalium did not understand.

"No," she says again. "What is going on?" Amalium asks.

"Fix this! Fix it!"

"What?"

"I want you to release him. He does not deserve this. He is my only friend. He just wants to protect me!"

"Why?"

"I do not know! It probably has a lot to do with us being friends for a long time!"

"I cannot..."

"No! You have to fix what you have done! He is bleeding."

He hears her weeping but he cannot see her tears through the black veil. He leans his head on a tree as he tries to gather his thoughts and calm himself. The black spikes melt into the ground and the blue blood from the guy's wounds began seeping out at a faster rate. She tries to lift the guy, but they do not move. He is too heavy for her to lift. Amalium pushes her out of the way and tries to pick up the guy that is five inches taller than him.

He is too heavy for Amalium to carry. "We should try this in a different way," the girl says. "You hold one shoulder and I will hold the other shoulder," she says. They hold the guy's shoulder and lift him up. He is in and out of consciousness, but he still helps them walk with him.

They get to the hospital and the nurses push a gurney next to them. Guards help the guy get on the gurney and the nurses take him to the emergency room. Doctor Ganashbe runs into the emergency room. After two hours and thirty minutes, nurses transport him to a room on a gurney. The doctor briskly walks out of the emergency room into the waiting room.

By this time, the girl and Amalium are sitting in chairs looking at the sky brighten beyond the trees. The doctor pulls the girl's arm, her shoulder aches because it is sore, and he throws her onto the floor. She stands up and he grabs her face. He pushes her against the front desk and he releases his grip on her face. A nurse jumps onto the desk and he slaps the girl.

The nurse blocks him from hitting the girl again. "What are you doing?" The doctor asks the nurse as the girl's tears fall silently under her veil. "I do not think she joined this cult to be abused," the nurse says. He stares at the nurse's black ponytail and then he walks away.

The nurse hugs the girl and says," It is okay, Nurse Diane will protect you from that grumpy, old man." "What about you?" The girl asks.

"I will be fine. He would not get rid of me because I am the only nurse that is willing to watch his grandchild."