Chapter 9: Refresh

Celia gets into a truck with a guy with white hair and green streaks. Now, he knows that Brian killed Casey and they are brothers. He wondered about Brian’s motives and why no one thought it was important to tell him that he had a brother.

            Bells lies on his couch. He wants answers from Brian and Tetris. Questions about this revelation keep popping into his head. It is causing him to have a slight headache. He falls asleep to ease his mind.

                                                                                   Cult’s Territory

            Amalium has transported Janz and Alza back to the hospital’s basement because Alza scratched him. Janz is lying on the floor and Alza is kneeling next to him. She touches his face as sweat falls from his face and onto the floor. “He is hot,” she says. “So, what do you want me to do?” Amalium asks.

            “Usually the doctor sticks him with a needle partly filled with green liquid. He gets it from a fridge. They look around the empty basement but they cannot find a fridge. Amalium stumbles on a cooler next to the stairway. He opens it and sees three needles filled with green liquid. He takes the middle needle and gives it to Alza. She takes the protective plastic cap off and gently inserts the needle into the side of Janz's neck. Then she pushes the green liquid out.

            She takes the needle out of his neck and Doctor Ganashbe enters the basement. He walks down the stairs and sees Alza with an empty needle in her hand. He sees Amalium standing by Janz’s convulsing body. “What the… What did you idiots do?” The doctor asks as he runs down the rest of the stairs.

            Black liquid began to fill Janz’s eyes. “We used a needle to fix his overheating problem,” Amalium says. “Well, you fixed that problem but…” The doctor says as he picks up the cooler.

“We have to run!”

“Why?”

“He is transforming. These needles are not filled with the chemicals I use to temporarily fix his overheating problem!”

            The doctor runs up the stairs. Amalium and Alza follow him. Janz’s hands and feet turn into claws. The doctor waits by the door and lets Amalium get out. Alza came right after Amalium and the doctor pushed her back inside the basement and locked the door.

            “What are you doing?” Amalium asks. “She has to stay in there,” the doctor says.

“Why?”

“He will break this door down if she is not in there with him. I am pretty sure you have seen how possessive he is with her.”

“Let her go! If he tries anything, I will defeat him like I did the last time.”

“No. You cannot do that anymore. He is stronger than you, now. That is what I made the chemical substance for.”

“What? You want him to be stronger than me?”

“He should be stronger than you! He has more knowledge and I do not have to worry about him joining your father to destroy me!”

“You do not trust me.”

“No. You may be mad at your dad but what about the future? Besides, this was supposed to given to Janz during a ceremony somewhere else.”

“I will not let this man destroy my mother!”

“What? Your mother is dead.”

“No, she is my mother. Captain J. said she is Alza.”

“She deserves to be attacked. I told her not to tell anyone her name until I gave her that privilege! Where is her veil?”