Chapter 5: Boiling Stew

Tetris sits up in her gurney as the analog clock ticks. She is lying there all morning, but her brother does not visit her. It is one-thirty in the afternoon. She began to worry. Then thick fog appears in the room.

            When the fog disappears, she sees her younger brother sitting by her feet. She heard a soft cry come from the floor. As she looks down, she sees a transparent puddle that seemed to get bigger. Her eyes widen when she sees a pregnant woman sitting on the floor by her gurney. The woman is sweating and the lower half of her blue dress is wet.

            Brian rubs Tetris’s stomach as she looks down at the woman. “I am going to be an uncle and a father,” Brian says. Tetris chuckles. “My child will be older than your child,” Brian says.

“It is not a competition.”

“You say that because you know that you are going to lose.”

“What took you so long?”

“It was cult stuff. You would not understand. Do not stress youself out it is not god for the baby. ”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“I killed Casey and I have one of the spies from your stupid gang in my van.”

“What are you going to do with the spy?”

“I will beat her up, get some information, and send some threats to my older brother.”

“I think your girlfriend is in labor.”

“She is not my girlfriend… you always say things like that.”

“I am your sister and saying things like that is a part of my job.”

“I am surprised that you did not ask me how I knew that General Tame is my father.”

“Well, how did you find out?”

“He told me after I slept with the doctor’s daughter.”

“Wow. Your father is gross.”

“How is he gross?”

“He told me about his obsession with Alza’s moan.”

“Do you think that he slept with her?”

“No, he told me that he was eavesdropping on her and her husband.”

They laugh in unison. The woman on the floor screams as the pain from her contractions intensify. A nurse runs into the room. Now, the woman’s dress has blood on it and a puddle of blood is around her. The nurse presses the button on the wall multiple times. She pushes the wheelchair from a wall and up to Tetris’s gurney.

            The nurse grabs Tetris’s arm and tries to help her out of the gurney. Brian prys the nurse’s hand open and she releases Tetris. Brian began to choke her with one hand. The nurse scratches at Brian’s hand as his grip tightens. Tetris sits on the wheelchair and says”, Brian let her go.”

“No!”

“It is fine. She did not hurt me.”

“I am not letting her go.”

“Brian!”

            The doctor and other nurses run into the room. He pulls out a gun from his lab coat and shoots at Brian. Brian uses the nurse as a shield to block the bullet. The nurse dies immediately. “Some animals have to be euthanized and some have to be shot… either way they die,” says the doctor.

            The doctor shoots his daughter in the head and he points the gun at Tetris. The nurses take out a living baby from the dead woman. They gave the baby to the doctor. He does not want a creature to be the grandson he receives from his daughter. He does not want to be related to monsters.