Chapter 6: Going Through Memories

After Aziri receives information about Tetris, he goes to the hospital. He gets into her room through the open window. It is located on the second floor, and he had to climb up the building’s wall to be stealthy and see if the room was safe enough to enter. When he sees Tetris with all the machines around her and the tubes coming from her arm, he remembers the happy, curly haired girl that used to run up and down the orphanage’s halls. She has always loved Bells, and Bells never knew.

            A tear falls from his eye as he walks up to the gurney in the hospital room dimly lit by the street lamp outside the window.“I did not know that you would come so soon. Also, she knew that Alza was experimented on. Little details like that can give away so much.”

“Why are you here?”

“Why do you think I am here?”

“Are you here to kill her?”

“Maybe I am. The real question is what are you going to do about it? I want you, your son, and your father to come with me to the island next month.”

“No.”

“Then she will die along with her unborn child. I wonder what Bells would think once I tell him that you had a chance to save them, but you chose not to.”

“Okay, I will go with my father.”

“What about your brother?”

“What about him?”

“You both better be present at the port on the first day of the next month.”

“What happens if we do not come?”

“Destruction, death, and defamation are good enough for me. I would not want to intentionally tarnish the Gorge Corporation’s name, but I get tempted sometimes. Plus, I have a nice surprise set up for you and your family on the island.”

            Aziri does not trust the doctor but his threats are serious. He does not know exactly what he would do in the future, but he knows that he will not let his son go to the island. The doctor opens the door and let the lights shine on Aziri’s face before leaving the room. Aziri left the hospital and used the rest of his teleporting energy to appear in Brian’s hotel room.

            “I hate it when you do that,” Brian says as he pulls the covers over his head.

“Doctor Ganashbe was in your sister’s hospital room.”

“When did this happen?”

“Not too long ago.”

“He was in the hospital room of the hospital here?”

“Yes, he was there. It is strange that he did not leave through the window.”

“He could have been visiting someone.”

“He probably knows someone that works there, or he owns that hospital too.”

“I think you are getting paranoid.”

“You say that because you do not have to go to the island.”

“What island?”

“I do not know much about it, but he really wants me and my father to go.”

“So, you feel bad for the old guy and you want to make him happy by going to the island.”

“No, I have to go to the island. You would not understand my reasons.”

“Bells took a blue guy into his house.”

“He did?”

“Do you know any blue guys beside your father?”