seventeen » fire filled fight

After what had gone down between Melanie and Draco in the Great Hall, wherever Melanie went, a silence would fall – especially if Draco was there too.

Melanie definitely wasn't used to this kind of attention. Nor was Amelia, because all she talked about was the same thing.

"I still can't believe you said something like that!" Amelia said at lunch the next day. "It's like the whole school is scared of you, or something."

Melanie didn't say anything. She had noticed this too, there was no use in saying the same thing over and over again. She was getting stares from everyone, especially first years.

"Amelia, we've been talking about the same thing since morning. It happened and it's over," said Melanie with the kindest voice she could muster.

"All right... Well there isn't really much to talk about," said Amelia. "I'd talk about Quidditch and how we're going to smash those Gryffindors, but you don't like Quidditch."

"Let's talk about Quidditch then, I don't mind." Melanie actually wanted to speak about anything but Quidditch, but talking about Quidditch was better than talking about what happened last night.

"Really? Okay!" Amelia was like an over-excited child, getting to talk about Quidditch with Melanie for the first time in years.

"Well, I've been watching the team's practises, and I can definitely tell you that we've gotten much better than before. We're nearly invincible!" Amelia seemed very excited, something she didn't have in common with Melanie.

Amelia was the complete opposite of Melanie when it came to sports. While both of them couldn't play Quidditch, Amelia was always trying to better herself; she watched every game, attended every practise, and she practised at home over the summer. Melanie, however, never watched any games, didn't even care about practises and preferred to spend her time reading or sleeping instead of practising a sport she doesn't care for.

Amelia had gone to every game, no matter what. But Melanie had only gone to one game when she was a first year, and then never again. She only stepped foot in the Quidditch pitch that one time and the other time at the Triwizard Tournament.

"And anyway, Gryffindor's keeper graduated and I don't think Weasley is that good, so we're definitely going to win," Amelia was saying. This caught Melanie's attention.

"Weasley?" she asked, unsurely. "Which Weasley?"

"Guess which one," said Amelia sarcastically. "Obviously the boy, the twins are already on the team and the girl is really weird, especially after second year, she got really strange."

"Which girl? Ron's sister?" Melanie asked, confused. Why did Amelia not say their names?

"Yeah," Amelia replied, lowering her voice. "That girl got really weird after the Chamber of Secrets was opened, remember? How apparently she got possessed? Yeah, apparently she's so messed up that only Loony Lovegood is friends with her."

Melanie chose not to comment on Amelia calling Ron's sister 'messed up' and calling Luna Lovegood 'Loony Lovegood'. Instead she asked about Ron being on the Gryffindor Quidditch team.

"Ron's on the team?"

"Yeah, he is. But I don't reckon he's any good." Amelia shrugged.

Melanie raised an eyebrow in response.

"Oh my God, Mel! You should definitely come to the match!" Before Melanie got the chance to reply, Amelia continued. "Okay, I know you got really angry and cursed him when Malfoy asked you but please come to the game today! Pleeeeaaaase!"