Flames (Part 2) Jiam

Part 2

Justin

"You could have died." My father spat at me as he drove me home from the hospital.

I sunk into the backseat, feeling like an utter disappointment. Liam stuck to the deal and made me go straight to the fire truck to wait for an ambulance.... and due to how much smoke I inhaled, I was sent to the hospital to be checked for further damage.

Turns out I was fine though.

Liam also made sure to tell my Dad that I should come to the fire station to have a lesson in safety, which was embarrassing.

My Dad agreed, he was pretty annoyed about the whole situation, and I'm banned from leaving the house. It's a shame, I really do enjoy privacy in abandoned buildings.

"Your mother is worried sick. I mean, you're absolutely lucky that Liam checked inside or you could have died." Dad shook his head as he turned onto our street, "Which reminds me, you will be staying home tomorrow to rest, but at 3, I'm dropping you off at the firestation."

"I'm sorry, Dad." I mumbled, knowing how irresponsible I was.

Liam told my Dad it was a faulty spark from old wires that caused the fire, which saved me from further punishment. I guess I owe him for not out-ing me to everyone.

It didnt take long for us to reach home, as soon as I walked through the front door, my family was waiting to greet me.

My Mother stood with her arms crossed, behind her, my Eldest brother, Alex, beside him, Jason, and beside Jason stood my older sister, Cassidy (Cass for short).

I assume my younger sister, Isabelle, was in bed, seeing as she's only three, and it was nearly 1am.

I wasnt even surprised as my Grandma, who was in her sixties, ran down stairs. (Yes, ran. Old, but full of energy.

"WAIT!" Grandma shouted, "Let me pop the popcorn before this starts-"

"Mother, please." My Dad snapped, pushing me towards the lounge.

Definitely in for a lecture.

"Well excuse me." Grandma huffed, walking with the rest of the family as we sat down on the couches.

I sat in front of everyone, their judgemental eyes staring down at me. I wanted to shrink and disappear.

"This is beyond careless," My mum began, "You cant keep going into these old buildings and doing God knows what."

"Probably masterbating to Playboy." Jason snickered.

"Or he hangs out with stoners." Cass giggled.

"Dont be stupid," Grandma tisked, "He's not that cool."

"Mother." Dad snapped, shaking his head.

I tried not to let all those comments get to me, but my family weren't easy to ignore.

"Are you doing drugs?" Mum glared at me, and I blushed.

"Of course not!" I squeaked. It was the truth, I most definitely did not take drugs.

Even if I wanted to (which I dont), I dont have friends or know people that could supply me such things.

"I will take you to get a drug test if you dare lie to me." Mum pointed.

"He doesnt take drugs, Ma'." Alex shook his head, sending me a half smile.

I chewed on my bottom lip, silently praying for this to end. I knew I'd be grounded for a decade.

"Do you have no consideration for your family, Justin? We worry about you, do you understand?" Mum sighed deeply.

"I just like the quietness, Mum... I didnt know the place was going to..." I stopped talking, hating to think about the whole fire experience.

Despite it being my fault, replaying the situation in my head rather upset me. It was a bit scary.

"Off to bed. All of you." Dad sighed, standing up, "You are grounded, Justin... no TV, games, or phone." He held out his hand as everyone stood up.

I patted my pockets for my phone, before frowning, "I..."

"Did you lose your phone?" Dad scoffed.

"I dropped it when I passed out." I mumbled embarrassed.

Dad's face softened slightly, but he shook his head once again, "Just as well. Dont expect a new one."

I bit my lip, nodding as I left the room and rushed up stairs.

I rushed into my bedroom, which I share with my brothers, going straight to my bottom bunk.

Jason and Alex entered the room a few seconds after I climbed into my bed.

"You are lucky to be alive, you know?" Alex told me, jumping into his double bed by the window.

He got the bigger bed because he was the eldest, while Jason had the top bunk.

"All thanks to Liam." I smiled to myself, that fireman saved my life.

"Liam?" Jason chuckled, climbing on the top bunk, "Aww you got a crush?"

I frowned, blushing brightly, "No!"

"Wow, so defensive!" Jason snorted.

"Liam and Justin sitting in a tree..." Alex snickered.

"I dont like him! Shut up! You don't know him!" I blurted, before hiding myself under my blanket.

They're such jerks!

Part 3 soon