Chapter eight

Riley's POV:

"It isn't a no." Farkle says leaving me in shock.

He might like me?

No. He doesn't like me.

Why on earth would he even like me?

I'm a nobody.

I'm invisible to literally everyone except for Auggie and sometimes Maya.

And now him...

Stop it Riley, he has a girlfriend. You don't have a chance with him, you never will.

"Why isn't it a no?" I speak up, dragging myself out of my thoughts. I gasp as I notice a bruise on his cheek.

How did I not notice this before?

"Farkle what happened?" I ask cupping his face in my hands and examining his face. He has a busted lip too.

"Did you get into a fight?" I ask. He shakes his head. "Then what happened, Farkle?"

I see tears begin to build up in his eyes.

He rubs his eyes with his knuckles and sighs.

Farkle's POV:

"Nothing to really tell. I just tripped and fell off of my skateboard this morning. I was bored so I decided to go to the park and practice doing kick flips. It didn't go well." I say, hoping that she believes my lie.

I don't wanna lie to her, but I can't let her know the truth.

I don't want to pull her into my drama filled life.

She doesn't deserve that.

She deserves happiness and someone who is good for her.

And that isn't me.

"Oh, okay." She says, believing my story. "Did you land it?" Auggie asks me.

She moves her soft, small hands off of my cheeks and places them in her lap.

"Nah. It would have been cool if I did though." I say with a chuckle.

I'm able to change the subject and we talk about all the fun times that Auggie and Riley have had through out the years.

All of the pranks, the laughs, the happiness.

I don't have any siblings so I don't know what that feels like.

We talk and laugh for about two hours.

Riley checks her phone and sighs.

"We should get going. You have a play date with Ava today and I have to watch you guys." She says, shoving her phone back into her pocket.

"Are your parents not home?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"Our mom is working on a case at the court house and our dad is with his best friend Shawn in Philadelphia for the weekend. They left this morning." She says as I nod.

"Oh okay. I can walk you guys home if you'd like." I suggest. They both nod.

I stand up and pull out my wallet. I leave a tip on the table and put my wallet back in my pocket and we leave.