Chapter 2

No ones POV

"Nooo! Please", Krissy groaned as a sharp ray of sunlight beamed through the slits of her window blinds and landed directly on her tired shut eyes.

"Every morning", she muttered to herself as she squeezed her eyes tightly flighting to reclaim sleep as it was drifting away from her.

Krissy had now come to the conclusion that this cruel but the effective way of waking up was somehow God's doing. A way to force her awake because He knew that she would otherwise waste her life sprawled out on her big, soft and plush bed.

Krissy let out a sigh getting the message then, whilst squeezing tightly onto her large pillow for emotional support, she attempted to open her eyes.
Krissy must have open her lids a mere millimetre before having to slam them shut as the sun burned her retina.

"Fuck me!" she whined out as she turned herself to lie on her back and tried it again, this time being successful, as her sleepy eyes now stared up at the wall of her bedroom.

Today was Friday, which that alone should have given Krissy the pep in her step to throw her bonnet off to the side and get ready for the day, and it usually would.
But this Friday was different. It was her first detention out of a year long sentence for doing something Krissy whole heartedly didn't think she should be so severely punished for...but looks like someone really wanted her to be there.

Krissy's suspicion was that her lengthy sentence was down to the witch that had given her detention in the first place...Mrs Wagerther.

Mrs Wagerher was a old northern lady who taught Latin...poorly.
She was generally unenthusiastic about the teaching profession, had favourites, and constantly smelled of menthol and stale coffee. But Krissy's main was gripe with Mrs Wagerther was that she was racist, and hid it poorly.

Krissy had to admit that despite being a bright student, learning languages didn't come naturally to her, and Mrs Wagerther being Krissy's Latin teacher (or shall we say was her Latin teacher) found pupils who struggled in her class, wholly inconvenient.

Mrs Wagerther would often make Krissy feel isolated during lessons, making remarks at how "unchristian" it was for Krissy to be attending a Catholic school but, "not care to be good at Latin".

Then just last week Krissy reached her breaking point when Mrs Wagerther stated infront of the whole class that Krissy would have likely gotten a better grade in her winter test, "if she was less focused on changing her hairstyle each month and did more revision".

Yeah...so at that point Krissy felt dumb.

Her school was extremely diverse so she kicked herself for not taking the fact that very few students of colour took Mrs Wagerther's classes, as a red flag.

But not only did she feel stupid, she was pissed the fuck off, and thought it was paramount to tell Mrs Wagerther about her underwhelming, menthol smelling self. Which resulted in Krissy receiving detention for the rest of the year, and the angry-black-girl label engraved into her forehead.

Krissy sighed at recalling how she got herself here, and began to drag her limp and tired body out of bed and towards her closet to picked out her clothes for the day. 

She decided to wear a black turtleneck top to reflect her dark mood. She paired them with black high-waisted jeans to complete the 'don't fuck with me today' vibe she was going for.

Once Krissy had her outfit she went into the shower not before tying her newly done goddess braids into a bun on the top of her head, forcing her shower cap over it.
She made a mental note to herself to stop procrastinating and just buy a larger shower cap that could fit her long braids.