Chapter 13

Author POV

Jungkook and Yuna used to go to school together every day since their apartments are just inches away. However ever since that conversation between them on Sunday, Yuna had been trying her best to give all kinds of excuses to go to school earlier than Jungkook. Nobody knows why.

"Yah Choi Yuna, why are you in school so early every day?! It's okay for you to be early but you always call me to accompany you! I need my beauty sleep alright?" Yerin whined dramatically, slamming her upper body down her desk. "It's only 7 a.m.! We have lessons only at 8!" she continued. Yuna stayed silent because she has nothing to rebut about. She was the one who called Yerin up early in the morning to accompany her every day indeed.

"What happened between Jungkook and you? Did you guys quarrel or something?" Yerin finally dragged herself up a little to look at the younger one.

"We didn't quarrel, but I just kind of feel uncomfortable around him these days." Yuna sighed heavily, leaning her chin on her right palm. "Something must be wrong with me."

"Why? You were close with him lately, isn't it?" Yerin frowned, moving her closer to Yuna.

"I was. But I feel a little distant with him now. I don't know the reason why." The younger female ruffled her head. "You have been acting a little weird towards him ever since Sunday." Yerin lifted one of her brows up, looking at Yuna closely. You rejected his offer immediately yesterday, we all saw that. At least Taehyung oppa and I saw that."

Flashback:

"Yuna, are you going home first before going to work?" Jungkook asked Yuna while packing his bag after the bell went off.

"Err... Yeah?" Yuna carefully nodded her head as she zipped her bag.

"Great! Do you wanna go get some bubble tea before heading home?" His eyes sparkled up and looked at Yuna.

"I am sorry! I just remembered that I have something urgent to attend to before heading home. I think you will need to go back yourself." Yuna replied, acting as if she was in a hurry as she swung her bag over her shoulders.

"I can go with you!" Jungkook offered eagerly. "NO! It's okay, I mean. I can go myself." Yuna quickly answered and rushed out of the classroom. 

"Jungkook even asked me what happened to you! Seriously, what's the matter with you? This is not the first time you are acting weird towards him." Yerin continued.

"I don't know. Every time I see him, I just have this weird voice inside my head, telling me to keep a distance with him." Yuna hit her head lightly.

"And how about your heart?" Yerin tried to push in further and this took Yuna by surprise. She hasn't thought about this before. "E-Eh? My heart?" she tried her best to recall the times when she was with Jungkook. How they played on the way to school and all the conversations they had when they were together.

A smile spread across her lips as those memories flashbacked in her brain. In her heart, Jungkook is someone nice, someone who she can actually rely on whenever she needs help. Her heart skipped a beat when all the moments with him crossed her mind, moments that she could never forget. Those moments which unknowingly took her heart away.

Flashback:

"Yah Jeon Jungkook! Jungkook ah! Open the door! It's so dark here." Yuna rang on Jungkook's doorbell as many times as possible. "Jungkook ah! Jeon!"

"Wait for me outside! My light's not working. I am finding the torchlight and I can't really see my way. Give me a minute." Jungkook shouted back as he tried his best to find his torch as fast as he could.