Chapter 33

Author POV

"Yuna..." the school bell rang and everyone was busy packing to go home. Yuna turned her head to the source of the voice. The incident that just occurred at the rooftop was too complicated for her to process it. She was still in dazed the whole time after lunch break and she did not listen to a word from the teachers.

"Are you going home first?" Jungkook asked carefully as he packed his bag. Yuna nodded as a reply as she turned to face him. "Are you going back too?" she asked politely as she swung her bag over her shoulders. "Err yea... I was thinking that we can go home together..." Jungkook's voice faded off as he was unsure if Yuna would accept his offer. This is too awkward for him ask in such a situation.

"Sure." Yuna replied without thinking as she bided the rest goodbye before walking off with Jungkook. It felt as if they were back in the days when they were still a couple. The only difference is that the atmosphere was surrounded by awkwardness. Nobody knows what to say first.

"I hope they will be fine after this..." Hoseok commented after seeing the two leave the classroom. "I wondered what happened at the rooftop." Taehyung added in and shrugged. "I might be able to ask Yuna some time." Yerin wiggled her brows as the 3 of them left to meet with the others.

"Yah hyung, you were so harsh just now!" Taehyung clapped as he faced Yoongi. "She was the one who triggered me first alright. I did what I need to do." Yoongi calmly replied, munching on his chicken fillet. "You guys didn't see how firm hyung was just now..." Hoseok put a thumb up. "Daebak. Those acting skills are compatible with those Oscar actors." Everyone laughed but was snapped by Yoongi. "I wasn't acting. What I said was what I thought deep inside my heart. I don't think I said anything wrong." As expected, our bad boy Yoongi.

The two were walking in silence for half a journey until Jungkook finally started a conversation. "Yuna..." Jungkook mumbled, but loud enough for the two of them to hear. "You can tell me everything you know..." Yuna turned to look at Jungkook with her pleading eyes. She wants to know what he was talking about at the rooftop. "I will explain to you... with one condition." Jungkook smiled. The smile that Yuna hadn't seen for a long time. As long as he is happy, she is happy too. "What condition?"

"Be my girlfriend." Jungkook spitted out firmly. He doesn't want to miss this chance anymore. What he said to her at the rooftop was true and sincere. He doesn't want to lose her anymore. Not after all these had happened. "Jungkook... it's not the time to play now." Yuna shot him a look but Jungkook just stopped in his track.

Yuna POV

"Be my girlfriend." Jungkook said. I was taken aback, totally. He didn't seem like he was joking nor he was teasing. As much as she wants to accept him, she wasn't ready to start all over again with him. Maybe because she was still immerged in the past with Jungkook. Or maybe she was still traumatized in what had happened to her within such a short period of time. She hasn't moved on, for sure. And she is doubting herself if she could be the girlfriend whom she promised to be.

"Jungkook... it's not the time to play now." I replied, looking at the ground. I was not ready to face him. This statement was not what she wanted to say but she couldn't help it. I was walking slowly when I realised Jungkook was not beside me anymore. I stopped in my tracks. Before I could register the situation, I was pulled by a force on my wrist from behind. Before I know, I landed right in Jungkook's arms, in his embrace. "I am not playing, Yuna. I mean it when I said I need you back in my life. I really miss you and I love you. I can give up everything for you. Please... give us one more chance. I can do anything to let you stay beside me... I love you, really..." Jungkook confessed, tightening his arms around my waist and rested his head on top of mine. Without me knowing, my arms were slowly replying to his hug. Maybe because the cold got into me. Maybe because I really missed his presence beside me. Those times when I could rely on him fully. I can't find anyone like him anymore and I know if I am going to push him away again this time, I will regret with my own decision. Learn your lesson, Choi Yuna. You are the only one who know how much you love this man in front of you...