Chapter 31

Note: Let me know what you think. And if I get more than three comments by the time that I log on about this time tomorrow then I will post Chapter 32 for you all. So enjoy the chapter my lovelies and please let me know what you're theories are (bear in mind that I won't give any hints if you are right or wrong) Laura x

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My feet touched floor and I opened my eyes to see that we were back in the Manor.

"I think we should let everyone know we are back" Wyatt said, as we realised that none of the adults were in the living room. I nodded to him and they left, leaving Chris and I on our own in the living room. He held his arms out and I walked into him, feeling safe once again now that he had his arms around me.

"Thank you Chris for coming after me even when things between us were hard" I said and he huffed into my shoulder.

"Lila just because I was an idiot, and because we weren't together doesn't mean I didn't stop loving you" he whispered into my ear, his breath warm on the side of my face, making me shiver. We pulled away and Chris suddenly looked sad as he took a seat on the sofa and patted the space next to him. Hesitantly I sat down next to him.

Chris took my hand in his and started stroking the back of my hand.

"Lila I'm scared" he said looking at me. Frowning I placed my free hand on his face.

"Why?" Chris bit his lip.

"I'm scared because I want you to forgive me so badly, but everything that happened is my fault. My actions pushed you to give into your demonic half and I wasn't there when you needed me the most. We are bonded Lila which means that we are connected on a level that no couple will ever have and I should've known straight away that something was wrong, yet it wasn't me you turned to but Wyatt, and that was the result of me hurting you." He took a deep breath and guessing from the hold he had on my hand, I'm assuming that this was a hard subject for him.

"Chris it's not your fault. It's just, I've been much closer to Wyatt for the last couple of days, that it was a little bit easier to reach him than you. It doesn't make me love you any less because you still came after me Chris, and I know now that you will always be my knight in shining armour" I said and we both smiled but Chris shook his head afterwards and hung his head.

"But Lila after what has happened today, what if our love isn't enough? We've been through hell today, literally for both of us and yeah we found our way back again, but with your power demons will still come after you. What if this is the last straw for us? Maybe we are trying to be told something. After all it didn't work with Aunt Phoebe and Cole" Chris said and I frowned before squeezing his hands in pain.

"Chris how can you even say that?" I questioned feeling my anger and pain grow. Chris closed his eyes before opening them and smoothing a finger over my eyebrows which were knitted together in a frown of pain.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you" he said and from the way he was being gentle with me, I knew that my demonic side had flashed through. Though my lip hadn't curled so I'm assuming that it was perhaps due to my eyes turning red that had scared Chris slightly.

"It's okay. But I know in my heart that you are wrong. What we've been through today, and these last couple of days couldn't have been for nothing. Neither of us couldn't have suffered that much pain just for it to be a sign telling us we weren't meant to be. After all Chris if we weren't meant to be together then I wouldn't love you the way I do, and you wouldn't love me either. I can understand that you are scared in case we are doomed to live what Phoebe and Cole went through but we are completely different. This time around the demon is female not male and was brought up in a loving environment. I've never lived with demons and so I know what love is like, whereas Cole never knew that until he met Phoebe. Besides it never worked out for them because Coop was Phoebe's soul mate and not Cole." I said and Chris smiled at me.