Chapter 1: Moving

Chapter 1

I'm not gonna lie. I've never looked forward to this. The same day, mom and dad told me that we were moving, my whole life crashed into chaos. They just expected that I would leave the area and the house I grew up in, leave my school, my free time places, my friends and my girlfriend, just like that.

The moving trucks drives ahead of us, we drive in my mom and dad's black Nissan minivan. We move from Säve, northern Hisingen and we are moving to northern Djurgården in Stockholm.

I have seen pictures of our new house, sure it's nice, the house is bigger than our old house and the pool twice as large, the surface of the plot is also so much bigger, but I don't know if it will ever feel like home for me.

That's right, you must have put two and two together now? Nissan minivan, large luxury house with pool and larger plot than many others. How can we be ordinary people? We are, the only difference is that both my parents happen to have good jobs. My mother is a lawyer and my father is a judge. Both of them are the best of its kind. Dad was of course also a lawyer before he was asked if he wanted to be a judge, just because of his skill that not many others have, but apparently that also includes mother -in among the most knowledgeable and best lawyers in the country. Exactly, the whole oblong Sweden.

My name is Jaydin and I'm sixteen years old. So now you maybe understand why I didn't want to leave our old house and the area, it had grown firm with me, and it feels like I can never call another place home. My siblings however, they don't feel the same, but they are younger and haven't lived there as long as me. I have three younger siblings, two brothers and a sister. Zebaztian and Daniel are twins and ten years old, Jocelyn is the youngest and is 8 years old. Mom and dad's name are Monica and Chriz, mom is forthy one and dad forthy three and if you can your math, you can figure out how old they were when they got me.

I'm sorry if I sound a bit rude, but as I said before, I'm mad at mom and dad, because of they made me move. I'm actually a nice guy. Promise. How else do you think Cameryn would like to have me as a boyfriend? She hates guys trying to prove themselves cool when they are not, she values the guys who are themselves. Perhaps that was why she chose me. I can't say that we had been together for a hundred years, because we wasn't. Only half a year and then mom and dad tells me that we're moving. And you can probably understand how it made me feel.

"Momma, are we there yet?" Jocelyn asks.

"Yes darling," mom said. "We're almost there."

"How many hours are left?" Jocelyn asks.

"There's no hours left, but you've been very good, these hours honey," dad says. "And we're there soon, fifteen minutes maybe."

Jocelyn sighs. She's never patience and then to sit in a car with her in more than fifteen minutes, is not what I would call fun. But right now I'm probably with her. It feels as if the car starts to shrink and I get bigger. Now you may wonder if I have claustrophobia, but I don't actually, I just feel bad at the moment about the move. Hopefully I'll start feeling better soon.

"Momma Zebaztian took Anastasia," Jocelyn whines.

I look at Zebaztian, and yes, he holds Jocelyn's barbie doll.

"Give her back Anastasia," mom says.

"But I'll give her a new hairstyle first", Zebaztian says and pulls out a pair of scissors.

Jocelyn starts screaming so high pitched that my ears starts to bleed.

"Jocelyn shut it!" I sputter angrily. "Can't you see that it's just a child scissor? It's not real, stop screaming. And damn it Zebaztian, you always take that damn doll, just give Jocelyn, Anastasia back".