SEVEN

Maine

The sparkling city lights on the horizon gives the summer night sky a glow that promises a beautiful day tomorrow, I let out a deep sigh and gave my very pregnant belly a gentle caress.

Seven more weeks, and RJ and I are ready to welcome our precious little boy. His nursery is almost ready. RJ is so excited and anxious about the birth that, I am getting frustrated with him sometimes. It almost came close to a point that I really wanted to hide his iPad so he will stop reading and telling me about the stuff that I shouldn't be doing. I know he only means well, but when it's constant, it feels like he is nagging.

Heck! I should be the one nagging him! I am the one who is hormonal, but no, I remain quiet and calm. 

That's what the yoga instructor told me, I need to be calm. The baby feels what I feel so I need to be calm and happy all the time.   Right now I am sitting cross legged on two euro pillows and doing the belly breathing pose,  I breathe deeply through my nose, keeping my face and jaw relaxed,  focusing on relaxing my pelvic muscles as I breathe out.

I enjoy doing my yoga on this deck that was especially designed to have that tranquil zen garden atmosphere.   The night has fallen and I can here the gentle trickle of water coming from the wall fountain. 

I sighed.  I really cannot concentrate right now.  I have a lot in my mind.  I am just thinking of a lot of things- being a wife and a wife of a famous actor,  being a mother soon,  creating new friends, this new lifestyle - in short,  the adjustments I am going through. 

I am so thankful that RJ has lived up through his promise, he is always there and has never left my side to support me. 

One good thing that is now lifted from me is that our house is officially finished. The keys were turned over to us three weeks ago and I am so happy with the work that was done.

Everything is perfect, even the deck furnitures that I ordered, from this furniture artist in Ireland, arrived on time and it fits beautifully in the zen design. I also ordered acustom made Murano hanging glass lamp from Italy that is to be installed in the kitchen, but right now it is still being processed for release at customs.  For now, a temporary lighting fixture was placed.  

We've also hired a few house staff,  four for the house, a gardener and two security since the ground is a bit on the larger side. The house sits on a one acre land and boasts five bedrooms plus the master suite, a state-of-the-art kitchen and a sunken grand family room that extends to the deck where I am sitting right now. Since the land is situated on a slope, we were able to redesign the existing pool to an infinity pool and the tennis court was converted to a basketball court for RJ. I already heard him scheduling a game with his friends.

Tonight, it's just me and the house staff. This is the first time that RJ and I are not spending the night together. He has a concert somewhere in Mindanao and he didn't allow me to go with him because he couldn't find a suitable hospital for me- 'just in case something happens,' he tells me. 

See how paranoid he can be?

I stared at the horizon and let out a deep sigh. 

Hmm.  I wonder what I can do tonight?

Just then,  I heard my phone ringing.

"Hey babe."  I heard RJ from the other line.  "Wait,  I'll convert this to a video call."

"How are you babe?"  I asked,  looking at his handsome face on my phone's screen.