Chapter 13

Chapter 13

-Emma-

I will say that I was quite surprised that Charlie had ended up here. To be honest I was actually really happy, and to hear him say he missed me to, just made me feel all warm and cozy inside.

After I had let him in, and showed him around the house and introducing my little cousin Ike and Aunt Weegie to him, we ended up on the back porch sitting on the wooden swing over looking the ocean.

It was about sunset and the sky was filled with vibrant colors of pink and purple, red and orange, stretched all the way to wear the water meets the sky.

It was so beautiful and breath taking, and I was able to share this moment with my best friend.

“Hey… Emma..?” his low voice dragged me out of my mesmerized trance. I looked over at him, but he wasn’t looking at me. His eyes were fixed on overlooking the glistening water.

“Yea?” I replied curiously rolling my eyes over each perfect feature on his face.

“Do you still love him? Tom I mean.” he stated quite frankly. I was shocked; I wonder what brought this question up?

“What do you mean?” He turned his head and looked at me. “Do you still love Tom?” I was starting to feel a little uncomfortable talking about this to him.

“Why do you ask?” his eyes looked tired, as he sighed a heavy sigh. “Because you still wear the necklace he gave you for Christmas.” I looked down and picked up the shiny ‘E’ necklace that dangles shamelessly. I had completely forgotten about it to be honest. I had gotten so use to wearing it, that it just felt normal.

“Yea, I do… but-” I yanked at the small chunk of cheap jewelry that once laid upon my neck, as the chain snapped and fell into my hand. I stood up simultaneously walking to the railing, “I don’t want to anymore..” raising my arm into the air that held the meaningless necklace, putting power into my arm and throwing the necklace with as much force as possible over the edge as it plummeted into the water with very little sound.

I heard Charlie get up from the swing and walk towards me, standing behind me. I felt his hand touch my shoulder, spinning me around to face him. His amber eyes were wide and filled with shock and desire. I watched him intently; he looked like he had taken a step closer to me.

“Are you sure about that?” He whispered, as, what appeared to me, his head leaning in closer. I slowly nodded my head as our eyes locked in place. I was trying to search for some answers of what was happening and what was going on.

I couldn’t help but feel completely mesmerized in those amber eyes. My stomach started to turn and form butterflies as his hand was raised over my face and brushed my bangs out of the way.

I felt myself loosing control with every touch. Was I starting to lean in? Or was the space between us disappearing on its own? All I know is that our lips were nearly 2 inches apart.

“Are you staying the night Charlie?” I heard my aunt’s voice coming in the direction of the door, interrupting the moment. “We have a nice couch you can sleep on.” He never took his eyes off me as he answered her. “Sure, thank you.” She nodded smiling in a satisfied stance.

I looked up at him; he was scratching the back of his head and looked to be standing awkwardly.

I really didn’t want to add to the awkwardness so I decided to step around him and walk back into the house.

-Charlie-

I will admit that I was about to kiss Emma. But once her aunt showed up things got a little awkward. I stood there looking like an idiot scratching my head. I watched her as she silently walked into the house. The way her body moves as she walks, from swinging her hips to the way her hair gently bounces. She is just so perfect..

Well it looks like I’m staying the night. I stepped foot into the house heading to the living room when I was attacked by a little person.

“Charlie! Can you come and play with me? Please!!!” Ike was tugging on my jeans pant leg. I looked down at him.

“Well, um, sure.” His face lit up as he grabbed my hand and immediately dragged me to his room.

When entering his room I noticed the ninja star stickers sticking to the dark blue walls. The black painted furniture and the many ninja action figures scattered all around the room.

“You can be Sumiko, the red ninja.” He raised his little arm as high as he could handing me a tall chubby action figure completely covered in black with red ribbons wrapped around the wrists and ankles, with just his eyes showing.

I smiled grabbing the tiny toy and sitting on the plush carpet criss-crossing my legs. “Ok so what do we have to do first?” I asked cheerfully. To be honest I was a little excited to play with action figures again. I use to love it when I was a kid. I guess you can say they bring out my inner child.

“Well first we have to fight.” I nodded, we both started to make those funny noises that kids do, the swishing sound, and the sound of swards hitting another sward, stuff like that.

“Haha you can not defeat me Yokami!” I announced as my figure went to attack his. “No! Your suppose to die!” I was getting so into this, I looked up and saw that Ike looked a little angry. “Oh, um, ok then.” I made the dying sound as I dropped my figure on the floor.

“Yay! You’re dead! I win I win!” The kid I have to say is very cute, he started to make his action figure do his version of the victory dance.

I heard a soft chuckle coming from the direction of the door. I looked over and saw her with her hand covered over her mouth trying so hard to hold in her laughter. Her eyes were filled with joy and delight, something that I haven’t seen in a while.

She noticed my gaze and started to blush. The corners of my lips twisted into a smile as we both laughed together. I stood up and brushed my pants off as I walked to the door.

“You’re really good with kids.” She said in a hush sort of tone. I gave her an innocent smirk. “Well the kids cute, plus it’s been forever since I played with action figures like that. I had fun.”

I looked down at her, noticing she was looking up at me. Again I watched as her lips curled into that cute smile I love so much.

We stopped and faced each other once we made it to the living room. “I’m so glad to see you smiling again Emma.” She looked down shyly but then looked back up at me. “Yea me too, it’s just been too long.”

I nodded taking a step closer to her, wrapping my arms around her waste. She stood on her tip-toes as her arms snaked around my neck, leaning her head on the crock my neck, tightening the hug, wanting to be so close to her.

Feeling her heart beat and hearing her steady breathing. The moment had soon passed as we loosened our grip. I gently kissed her on the forehead, “good night Emma, sweet dreams.”

“Sweet dreams Charlie, see you in the morning.” With that she walked off into the dark abyss, waiting for her to fall asleep into the darkness of dreams.

I threw my shirt onto the floor next to the couch, and slipped off my jeans leaving just my boxers on, getting cozy under the soft quilt her Aunt Weegie had placed here for me. My eyelids getting heavy, while my mind started to drift off into the darkness of dreams.

**************************************************

ok here is this chapter, the wait was definatly longer than I had honestly planned. but to make it up to you I am also uploading chapter 14, which will be once I stop talking. so I hope it wasnt bad, please let me know what you think. and I will let you know a little secret, Charlie will kiss, but not yet.