Chapter 12

Chapter 12

“You have got to be kidding me?!” I was frantically looking through my pockets trying to find Aunt Weegie’s address. “I swear I had it in this pocket.” I mumbled to myself.

After driving several miles the friendly cab driver dropped me of at some bus stop. I have no flipping idea at where I am. I threw my arms in the air and forcefully back to my side in utter frustration.

I looked around as people passed me. I hate random people, especially at what I am about to do. I slowly walked up to a lady who was sitting at a near by bench, she looked about mid 20s, and was really pretty. She had a baby in her arms, that she was entertaining.

“Excuse me ma’am.” I bit my lower lip as she looked up at me curiously.

“Yes?”

“Umm... could you tell me exactly where I am? I took a can and the driver dropped me off here.” I started to play with my thumbs.

“Oh! Well, you are on the beach side of New York.” She smiled sweetly as she pointedto the waves crashing on shore. I was so oblivious that I was near the pier.

I scratched my head, completely embarrassed. “Oh.. thanks..” I replied very softly. The lady nodded and smiled as I walked away.

Well, I recently figured that I am here on the beach, so now what do I do? I started to pace back and forth several times thinking.

Since I had dropped the damn address, was still quite lost. I ran my fingers roughly through my hair very frustrated.

I suddenly realized that there still was one opption that I could do, call Aunt Weegie! I face-palmed myself as I took out my cell and dialed her number.

There was a few seconds of the dial tone before she picked up. “Hello?”

“Aunt Weegie! Its Emma!” I practically shrieked into the phone.

“Hey gurlie! Whats up?”

“Well, I’m kinda loast…”

There was a slight pause before she spoke up. “How the fuck do you get lost in New York? You’ve grown up there.” She said humorously.

“Well I got your message, and I decided to come see you, but I somehow dropped the crumpled paper that had your address on it. And the cab driver dropped me off at this beach and now I don’t know where to go, so I was hopping you could come get me.”

I sighed slowly; I was beginning to miss Charlie. I still felt bad when I just left without a goodbye. I hope he’s doing ok..

I heard Aunt Weegie start laughing on the other end. She was laughing so hard she even snorted once.

“Oh, my poor niece, I will come and get you. Are you at the pier?”

I looked around to confirm before I spoke. “Yes.”

“Okay, I’ll be there in a short bit.” I hung up the phone and shoved it back into my pocket.

I sat at a bench near where I was dropped off; it was colder here with the water than at the apartment.

As I sat here I started to think about Tom. All of the two year memories were racing through my mind, I was trying to find some answer as why he had to cheat on me.

I felt like at least that I had given him love, and a lot of it. Yet part of me was saying that I had not done my part as a girlfriend…. I do however still love him. I mean after two years of being together you can’t really blame me for still being upset after a month since I caught him with that skank.